𝘍 𝔬 𝔲 𝔯 .

Start from the beginning

"So its true then, the Potter twins have come to Hogwarts," Draco said, eyeing Harry, looking up and down at him, then his eyes landed on the familiar raven head, smirking. "Wow, great observation skills.. for a blonde," Y/n muttered, enough for the blonde to hear, Harry elbowed him as he usually does.

The blonde decided to ignore the rude remark, "My name is Draco, Draco Malfoy," He said as he offered his hand. Harry looked at it with much confusion whilst his twin simply put an arm around him, squinting at the boy before them. "Did he wash that? I hope he did,"

Ron, who was beside the twins snickered, Malfoy immediately shot a glare towards him, "You think my name's funny, do you? Red hair, hand-me-down robes, you must be a Weasley" he sneered, giving the red head a side eye. Y/n snorted, carefully hiding his slight smile with his fist. It wasn't all too funny, he was just caught off guard by the hostility. 

Harry had to hold back from scrunching his face up, he didn't like the boy at all. Y/n on the other hand was half amused and half "Fucking blondes,"  He was beginning to develop a personal vendetta for blondes. Though, maybe this one wasn't that bad. After all, their small interaction on the train was pretty wholesome--- as wholesome as eleven year olds talking about toad toxins could be.

Malfoy turned back to the twins, "Soon enough, you'll learn that some wizard families are better than others. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there."  He offered his hand once again. 

The twins looked at each other before shaking their heads, "I think we can tell the wrong sort for ourselves, thanks," Harry shook his head. "I'm not so sure I can trust a person who might've not washed their hands," Y/n added, a smug grin on his face. "I did wash them, though," Malfoy deadpanned, making the raven-head hum, "Oh, okay, maybe you aren't too ba--" Professor McGonagall came back, clearing her throat causing him to shut up.

She made the students form a line, before opening the door to the great hall, guiding the children inside. Hermione began to.. say and borderline brag about her book knowledge, earning a groan from Ron.

McGonagall began to explain the various houses and how the sorting works, when she stopped silence erupted in the hall. "Abbot Hannah!" she called.

"What house do you think you'll get sorted into?" Ron asked the twins, who didn't really know the answer, "I don't really know, Gryffindor would be nice.." answered Harry, "What about you, Y-- Y/n?" he looked around, his stomach dropping. He'd just lost his brother in a crowd, he should be fine, right? "Erm, yeah. Gryffindor."

"HUFFLEPUFF!" the hat yelled, the Hufflepuff table, who wore yellow and brown scarves welcomed the girl, standing up and clapping. "How does that thing work?" Y/n said, earning a yelp from the blonde next to him. "When did you get here, Potter?" he asked, eyes tracing the boy up and down.

The black haired boy blinked, "I'm actually attached to you," he said with no hint of amusement, "I've been here since you were birthed out the womb, Malfoy," his eyes widened, leaning closer to the blonde before snickering, "Now answer my question."

"Bones, Susan!"

Draco smirked, "I thought you and you brother could tell the wrong sort for yourselves?" he remarked, crossing his arms as the girl called got sorted into Ravenclaw. "You wash your hands," Y/n shrugged, a sly grin on his face. "Are you saying that you're the wrong sort?"

"No---ugh." The blonde cleared his throat.

Malfoy grew silent, looking behind to his two bumbling boons then back at the boy, "Father told me that the Sorting hat decides which house you end up in based on your core values," there was a dash of confidence in his answer, as if he had just answered the hardest question in a test. "Where do you reckon you'll be in, then?"