"I assume you know the news about Councillor Emery," Grady said.

"I do," I said. "Who do you think will replace him?"

"Could be anyone," Edaline said. "There are a lot of elves who would do great for the job. But I think Magnate Leto would make a good candidate."

"Are you going to vote?" I asked them.

"We haven't voted since Jolie died," Grady said. "But we might now that we finally let her go."

Third Person P.O.V

"What is your plan this time Flare?" Fire asked. "Is it another way to try and get us caught?"

"It was the only thing we had," Flare said. "The Neverseen created us for this reason and this reason only."

"But we weren't supposed to kill Lady Gisela, Vespera and Gethen," Phoenix said. "We were only supposed to kill Councillor Emery."

"They were Fintan's orders, remember," Flame said. "We were supposed to kill them so he could become leader again."

"What about Ruy?" Flare asked.

"What about him?" Fire asked.

"He helps Gisela," Flare said.

"So?" Flame asked.

"He might find out we killed her," Phoenix said. "He might even find out Fintan told us to kill her."

"He won't find out," Fire said. "And he knows that he can't kill us or Fintan."

"I guess you're right," Phoenix said.

Sophie's P.O.V

The next morning I got dressed in the same green dress I wore to Kenric's planting deciding that Emery's planting wasn't any different from Kenric's. I looked into my full body mirror as Vertina appeared.

"Something bad happened, didn't it?" she asked.

"Yes," I replied. "A Councillor died."

"Did you know them like how you knew..." Vertina trailed off. "The other one that died?"

I could barely hear the last part but I made out enough to answer. "I didn't know him that well but I know him enough to feel bad about what happened."

"But you didn't do anything," Vertina said. "It was whatever or whoever killed him."

"I guess you're right Vertina," I said. "But I have a feeling the Neverseen is behind this."

Grady peeked his head through my door making me jump.

"I didn't mean to scare you," he said. "Are you ready to go?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." I took my adoptive father's hand who held it out for me to take.

We walked down the stairs in silence to the Leapmaster where my adoptive mother, Edaline, Sandor and Flori were waiting for her.

"Are you ready?" Edaline asked.

I nodded.

"This feels just like Kenric's planting," I said when we arrived at the Wanderling Woods.

"But it is less crowded than usual," Grady said.

All around them people were huddled together crying.

"Lord and Lady Ruewen," a goblin greeted. "You are needed at the front."

Grady nodded and led me and Edaline to the front of the crowd where all the other Councillors were standing. I looked at each Councillor when I locked eyes with Bronte who gave me a small nod. I nodded back. After a few minutes the planting began. Councillor Terik took a wobbly step forward. His step looked steadier than the last time I saw him. He started talking but I zoned out. I didn't hear anything he said until I heard him say my name.