"Where is Dad now?" I ask.

"I don't know. He tried to tell me that John B stabbed him. That John B just snapped and accused him of killing Big John," Sarah tells me.

"And you believed him?" I ask.

"I... I don't know," Sarah tells me.

I look at her in shock. She is supposed to be dating John B. How could she believe that he would just lose it and hurt Dad and accuse him of murder? Not just any murder the murder of Big John.

I turn to leave. "I have to go."

"No. Dad has been worried about you since he got home," Sarah tells me.

I look at her in disbelief. "Don't tell him I was here."

"Where are you going?" Sarah asks.

"Anywhere but here," I tell her.

I head to Topper's house. I can't be at Tannyhill. I don't even know where anyone in the crew is. I just, I need to see Topper.

I stand on the balcony and knock on the window like normal. Topper opens the door for me looking confused.

"What's wrong, Ash? Have you been crying?" Topper asks.

I don't say anything as I wrap my arms around his waist and start to cry.

Topper rubs my back. "Hey. Whatever it is you can talk to me."

"I can't," I squeak out.

"You can tell me anything," Topper assures.

I look up at him, tears streaming down my face. "My dad killed Big John."

Topper looks at me in disbelief. "What did you just say?"

"Everyone knows that Big John was obsessed with finding the Wreck of the Royal Merchant hoping to find the gold that was on board when it sank. I think my dad was working with him. I don't even know where it went wrong but... My dad killed him."

"Ash I..." Topper starts.

"Topper, I know this sounds crazy but you have to trust me. John B wouldn't lie about this," I insist.

"What are you going to do about it?" Topper asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't think I can do anything about it tonight. I guess I'll just find him and the crew in the morning and go from there." Topper nods his head. "Can I stay here tonight? I really don't want to go home."

Topper smiles slightly as he nods his head. "Of course."

I look up at Topper and he wipes the tears from my eyes. I just told him that my dad is murder and here he is still comforting me. He's been so nice to me our whole relationship. Even when I pushed him away he was still there.

"I love you," I blurt out.

Topper smiles widely. "I've been waiting forever to hear you say that."

I laugh lightly. "I love you."

Topper smiles as he kisses me.

In the morning the crew and I meet John B on the dock. John B explains the whole gold situation to us. My dad took it all. Every last piece. We worked our asses off to get the gold and now it's gone. It slipped right through our hands.

"You sure he got everything?" Kie asks.

"Every bar. The whole enchilada." John B grunts as he pulls the cast off his arm. "Look, it's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit." He throws the cast across the dock.