Return of the prince

Nothing ever happened at the gates of the village and today was no exception for the two gate guards Izumo and Kotetsu, "Why are we always stuck on gate duty, it's so boring." Came the voice of Izumo while his partner was fast asleep next to him. After a few minutes Izumo saw four figures walking towards the gate and Izumo tapped his partner till he woke up, "Stop, state your bu-," He couldn't finish his sentence as he saw who it was.

Walking to the gate was none other than Tsunade Senju along with her apprentice Shizune, a woman with white hair and green eyes, she wore a blue kimono with green lines on it and grey sandles and a young boy with black hair that reached his shoulders with the tips of his hair white, he had the same green eyes as the woman and he wore a blue hoodie with the Senju clan symbol emblazoned all over it, black pants and blue sandles.

"Tsunade-sama y-you're back!" Kotetsu said with shock written all over his face, "Yes I am." Tsunade replied not too happy about returning to Konoha but she made a promise to come back with her grandson. They all walked into the village and with the escort of an ANBU they went to the hokage's office, receiving stares of surprise and shock from the villagers especially the boy that was walking with them, "Is that who I think it is?" A villager asked pointing at the boy "It is, that's him. He looks just like his father." Another said and so the villagers murmured and muttered about how the Senju family is back in the village with the clan heir.

(Hokage's office)

When they entered the office they were greeted with a welcomed by Hiruzen's warm smile, "Welcome back Tsunade, Mira, Shizune and young Koen." He said standing up from his chair, "It's been a while Hiruzen, how are you?" Mira asked with a smile, "I've been better." He said and sat down, "So how were the twelve years outside of Konoha?" He asked, "Great, we had a blast." Shizune said, her smile growing wider.

"Great, I suppose you're here to let Koen become a shinobi of the village, to be honest I didn't think you'd actually come back at all." Hiruzen said with a chuckle, "I had to practically drag Tsunade-sama to come back and she agreed." Shizune said and received a glare from the older Senju, "Alright then I will be taking Koen to the academy and in the meantime you can go to the Senju compound. It has been kept clean while you were gone so you can get comfortable." With that Mira, Tsunade and Shizune left the office and went to the compound and Koen walked with Hiruzen to the academy, "So how was your time going around the world?" Hiruzen asked "It was great, I saw a lot of new places and learned many things." Koen said with a smile gaining a nod from Hiruzen.

"So I guess having your grandmother come back with you a week before the graduation exam was really difficult huh." Hiruzen said making Koen laugh "You should have seen the way Kaa-san and onee-chan had to drag her out of the house we lived in, I never had to hold a laugh in so much just to avoid getting hit." He answered making Hiruzen laugh as well "So how's your training by the way, I heard you were great?" Hiruzen asked "Yeah I have a good grip on my wood release but not as good though, the scrolls I learned from only taught me the basics and I was able to add them into my arsenal but no big jutsus yet." Koen said.

After a while they were at the door of the class and Hiruzen opened the door to be greeted by the class and the teacher including the teacher's assistant "Ah Hokage-sama is there something you want?" Asked a man with brown hair and a scar across his nose "Yes Iruka, I want to introduce a new student who will be joining you." Hiruzen said to the man known as Iruka, Hiruzen then turned to the class "I would like to introduce your new classmate Koen Senju." And as soon as those words left his mouth everyone gasped and the class started murmuring about the boy standing next to Hiruzen.

Koen scanned the class looking at his new classmates who were also staring at him until he locked eyes with a boy with black hair and onyx eyes, he wore a blue shirt and white shorts and after a few minutes of staring at each other Koen moved on until he met the eyes of a girl with what he would say are the most beautiful blue eyes he's ever seen, said girl had bright blue eyes and golden blonde hair with the tips being red, her hair tied up in two ponytails and in Koen's eyes the cutest whisker marks on her cheeks, the girl wore an orange jumpsuit which he could tell was her favorite colour.