--------

A few moments later, Nick and I were strapped into Giles red convertible along with Giles and Buffy.

"Well, I sympathize with you, Buffy, I truly do. But I'm certain that Riley understands better than anyone else the importance of training. You can't allow personal concerns to distract you from" Giles said, Nick reached between them to change the radio station. "Nikolai! will you stop fiddling with the radio and sit down?"

Nick sat back looking exasperated, I gave him a small smile.

"We're almost there." I told him. 

He gave me a small nod sighing to himself, turning to stare out the window.

I turned back to the front, glancing over Buffy's shoulder at a piece of paper she had.

"There's a lot of books on this this list" I muttered.

"No kidding..." Buffy added. "Any of them on tape? You know read by George Clooney or someone cute like that?"

"You are entering a new realm here girls, one for which I myself am not entirely prepared. Are you ready for this commitment?"

"She's just kidding Giles." I told him calmly. "We're fully ready for whatever comes."

"Color me committed." Buffy said.

The car engine raced as Giles tried to shift.

"Blast!"

"You put it in neutral again?" I asked.

"I'm just not used to this automatic transmission... I-I loathe this sitting here, not contributing."

"This is why we run everywhere." Nick commented making me nod in agreement.

"No- i-it's not working out." Giles said.

"Giles are you breaking up with your car?" I asked jokingly.

"Well, it did seduce me, all red and sporty!" Giles exclaimed.

"Little two-door tramp." Buffy said joining in.

Giles gave us a sour look.

"I-I-I don't know, I just - I was so at loose ends, I-I found myself searching for ... some way of feeling more..."

"Shallow?" Buffy asked.

"Perhaps, as I am to act as your Watcher again, a modicum of respect might be in order."

"Do I have to?" Buffy asked.

"I'm serious Buffy" Giles told her. "There's going to far less time for the sort of flighty frivolous-"

"Hey" Nick said interrupting and pointed out the window. "There's Willow and Tara!"

"Ooh they haven't seen my new car." Giles said pulling over, Buffy and I shared a look rolling our eyes.

Willow and Tara were coming out of the Coffee shop.

"Hey Giles, sharp wheels!" Willow exclaimed.

"The rest of the car's nice too." Tara added.

We climbed out of the car; I was kind of happy to be able to stretch my long legs. I sometimes hated being tall, blame it on the Viking genes.

"Handles like a dream."

"Where are you guys headed?" I asked.

"Magic shop." Will said. "I have some charms on back order."

"Willow, hi." Nick said smiling.