prologe

"The end in coming! Our final days are near!"

A mother pulled away their child from the underdressed man on the street with a sour gaze. The ice-cream dripped from the childs ice-cream cone, the blistering sun melting the skin off of everyone's bones. All the buildings blended together in the heat waves, water being chugged left and right.

The news reporter swat away mosquitos and wiped the beads of sweat on her forehead before giving a wide smile to the lens. "Hello America. Reporting here live from Tucson, Arizona. The heat is sweltering as usual, so don't forget to hydrate regularly. Heat stroke cases have increased drastically, so please be cautious when walking out side and make sure to wear a hat and put on some sunscreen. Alright back to you Laurence."

Olivia put her weight on the steering wheel, hurrying up the sluggish movements of the people in front of her. The car, which was a pass me down from her mother, rejected the air conditioning from working, not helping her uncomfortableness in the heat. She mumbled swears in utter despair, wondering if at this point the heat could melt her into a puddle.

The car parked to a stop in front of her shared apartment. The car seat stuck to her thighs like glue, the detachment creating an ungodly sound of ripping tape. Olivia pulled out the bag of frozen peas from the shopping bag and put it to her forehead. Though, at this moment, the peas were more lukewarm than icy cold than she had expected. She threw it back in the bag in disappointment. The odd metal door of her apartment rusted at the edges; the lock obviously too used. The door clicked open, and she closed it back with a thump.

"Liv! how was track? Did you manage to bring the food at least a bit cooled?" her little sister came out her room with a yawn, scanning the items she set down. "I'm not seeing any ice pops either."

"I'm sweating my ass off holy fuck. It's the hottest it's ever been, do you think I want to carry your lump of ice only for it to puddle in the bottom of the bag?" Olivia snarks, putting away the groceries.

Verity showed a slight smile, a bit of disappointment apparent. Olivia found interest on the latest news and turned on the small tv in the living area. She leaned herself onto the counter; her elbows keeping her up right.

"— all around the world, items are slowly becoming less rounded objects. A game of fetch has become more of a dangerous sort. Could the cause be global warming?"

A talk show resumed on the screen; three people lined up talking about the new interesting subject.

"We presume it's something associated with the government, or something near to that. It should pass soon according to scientists, but we can't be too sure."

The brunette silently sighed as she held the slightly cornered apple and bit into it. Everything's crashing and burning from the extreme heat and unnatural deformation of items. Deaths increase day by day, people more worried than ever. This vaguely reminded her of a particular sandbox game, but she brushed it off.

The two's calico cat jumped up onto the counter to join them in the conversation they were having. He was more of Olivias cat than any other, since he was picked up off of the streets by her.

"Hi Toby, hungry already?" Olivia rubbed his chin and placed him on the ground, going back to Verity and her conversation.

"You think this is going to blow over soon? At this rate we can't go anywhere this summer," her sister slumped, obviously upset about the issues arising.

"Not really. At least we have video games am I right?"

"True, we'd already be dead without it."

The two grin, and leap onto the couch with a game of Mario Kart. The curtains blocked out the simmering sun, and the air-conditioning blasted above them. A subtle click caught Olivias attention, but she ignored it and concentrated on taking corners on the console game.

The television flashed to white noise; Olivia's squinted eyes taken over with a blur. A sort of haze mixed in the air. The loss of control in her body flooded her with panic, until her world turned to black.

The television switched through programs in a rapid pace, colours blurring together, until it took a halt on one commercial on loop.

Explore your own unique world, survive the night, and create anything you can imagine!

notes : AHHHHSKJSBDVBFNFJFNFJDJ hello shawty 😩This has been in the works for a while (as in like 2 months) and I finally put it into words ^^ dunno if people see this but if u do Ilysm marry me omg

notes :
AHHHHSKJSBDVBFNFJFNFJDJ hello shawty 😩
This has been in the works for a while (as in like 2 months) and I finally put it into words ^^ dunno if people see this but if u do Ilysm marry me omg

also according to wattpad statistics, only 3% of people who read my books vote on my chapters 😱
It's free and you can always unvote so uh do it maybe smile