This has to be about the gold.

"I... I can't tell you that," John B says.

"More fugitive stuff?" Sarah asks.

"Uh... fugitive adjacent, sort of. It's, um... it's a matter of national security," John B says.

"I've just waited my entire life for someone to say that to me," Sarah teases.

"Look... God. I know this sounds crazy, but I really need to borrow that pass. The less you know, the better. Okay? You've just-- you've gotta trust me," John B insists.

Sarah shakes her head. "No. I don't trust anyone. Especially not with a trustee pass."

"I need to go now," John B states.

"Okay, then I'm coming with you," Sarah tells him.

"No," John B says. He turns to me. "Please, Ash, I really need to borrow that pass."

I smile. "Sure. You two seem pretty friendly. You can borrow the pass so long as Sarah goes with you."

"Why can't I go with you?" John B asks.

"I got plans," I tell him.

"One last mission, and then I'm out of this dirty, dirty game," Sarah remarks.

I slap John B on his cut. "You two have fun now."

I drag Kie to a few of the shops in town. With the hunt for the gold over I don't really have much to do. Topper has been distant lately and I feel like it's all my fault. I kinda just want to clear my head for a while.

I hold up a white halter top. "What about this?"

Kie smiles. "It's cute."

I toss it at her. "It'll look better on you."

Kie chuckles. "I wonder what the boys are up to."

I shake my head. "I don't. JJ is probably breaking some law and Pope is probably at his dad's shop."

"Since you know everything, what's John B doing?" Kie questions.

"That I'm not as sure about." I smile through the lie. "For all I know he's still not over the gold being gone."

Kie laughs as she holds up a pink mini dress. "This is horrendous."

I take it from her. "I love it."

"Speaking of... Have you talked to Topper?" Kie asks.

I shake my head. "I plan on seeing him tonight. I think he's going to the movie with Rafe and Kelce."

Kie nods her head. "Well if that Kook breaks your heart I'll break his leg," Kie threatens.

I laugh lightly as I shake my head. "If he breaks my heart a broken leg will be least of his problems."

Kie and I are dragging Pope and JJ to the summer movie series. "I'm so glad that they're still doing this. Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life. You know? Aren't you glad Ash and I made you come?" Kiara asks.

"Ecstatic," Pope replies.

"My couch was pretty comfy, I'll be honest," JJ states.

"We're out of the green zone, man," Pope whispers.

"Dude, tranquilo, okay?" JJ tells him.

"We're in the middle of Kooklandia. This is the last place I wanted to be," Pope states.

"You two can set up, I'm going to get drinks," I state. I walk over to one of the venders. "Hey, uh... can I get two Pepsis, please?"

The man smiles at me. "Sure."