oh, won't you hug me?

Start from the beginning

Noticing that there's someone missing, Soyeon turns her head to see Soojin just staring at them from her room, an unreadable look on her face. Soyeon enters the room and gets more confused when Soojin seems to not notice her, her eyes set on something in the living room. Soyeon follows her sight only to realise that the dance was staring at their maknae.

"Why are you here all alone?" Soyeon asks when she sits beside Soojin on her bed. Soojin turns her head and faces her same aged friend.

"I don't know." Soojin says truthfully.

"Are you...sulking?" Soyeon asks the girl with a tint of teasing in her tone but Soojin was too busy thinking why she was feeling this way to even notice it.

"No. I just...I don't know why I feel like this!" Soojin can't help but narrow her eyes as she tries to get to the bottom of her unresolved...sulking? Anger? She doesn't get herself. She doesn't know why she feels like this.

"Soyeon, tell me." Soojin throws a glance towards Shuhua and Miyeon who're still giggling with Minnie. "Why is Miyeon so close with Shuhua? Why isn't Shuhua pushing her away? Why is she avoiding me?"

"What do you mean with why is Miyeon close with Shuhua? Soo, she's always been close with Miyeon. Why would she push her away? They're practically inseparable. Well about you, well she's kind of awkward with you."

Soojin's eyebrows meet each other. "With me?? Why?? Why is she awkward with me?"

Soyeon shrugs her shoulders. "I...don't know. She just...is."nSoyeon turns to look at Shuhua like Soojin. "She just...suddenly did."

"You know, we found it weird." Soyeon confesses to the girl. "She was so close to you before. She always told us that you're her favorite person but then, she just suddenly stopped talking to you and clinging to you."

"And we decided to confront her about it but Yuqi said that we should let you do it since it's you that was involved, but you never did. You never asked her about it, and never cared about it. It was like, not talking to you and ignoring you was the new normal that Shuhua reinforced in her life and you never showed that you were bothered about it...so we didn't interfere."

"I...didn't care?"

Soyeon shakes her head. "No. You only initiated talks and skinships when we're on cameras but other than that, you and Shuhua, pretty much act like the other doesn't exist anymore."

"B-But she talked to me earlier?"

"Was it about food?"

"Oh yeah, she does talk to you for sometime. But just about food." Soyeon's face copies Soojin's as Soojin's face falls into despair and confusion.

Soojin stays quiet for a while before nodding her head.
"Okay...thanks for telling me Soyeon."

Soyeon leans closer towards her same aged friend with a concerned look. "Are you okay? You don't care about this. Why are you suddenly putting attention on this?"

Soojin falters, blinking her eyes rapidly. "I don't know."

"I'm going out." Soojin grabs her towel and leaves Soyeon in her room, heading towards the bathroom, bumping Yuqi on the way. Yuqi, not knowing that it was Soojin, wraps her arms around the dancer and pulls her down to the floor, shouting that 'she found one' and that 'she's not the sore loser in this game'. Now at times like these, Soojin was so used to having Shuhua pushing away people who initiates skinship with her, more so of her members. Since the maknae can't do it when they're talking about the fans, she just resorts on putting herself beside Soojin or the closest place beside her and smiles at the interaction (lies, she stares at them with her innocent yet creepy eyes until the fans moved away, Soojin would know, Shuhua did it last week in their fansign) but when it comes to her members, she uses her chance to show them her 'wrath' when it's them touching Soojin (just yesterday, she almost blasted off Miyeon from the couch when the oldest suddenly jumped Soojin who was minding her business with her phone).