"You know it!" Grimm cheered.

The two went to class and faced a full day of written tests and exams. Grimm seemed pretty confident throughout the who thing and speed right through the tests, while Y/n took her time, mostly finishing last. Soon the day came to an end as everyone sighed in relief, but as the week passed, Y/n noticed something odd about Grimm. Throughout the week she never saw Grimm use his fire once when he would normally use his magic at least 4 times a day. So no magic for a whole week was odd. Whenever she would bring it up Grimm would simply deny it and change the subject.

Ace was the same story with his wind magic, yet Y/n kept quiet and didn't ask. It only became more apparent when the two would stop fighting suddenly. When it would usually take a teacher to stop them.

But today was the day the scores of the exams were supposed to be posted. Grimm, Deuce, and Ace were very gritty when Mr.Cerwel was handing back the tests. The boys cheered when they saw their scores, Ace got a 92, while deuce and Grimm received scores over 80.

"You guys did really well, congratulations," Y/n smiled as she received her paperback.

"What did you get Y/n?" Grimm asked as he jumped onto Y/n's shoulder.

"I got a perfect 100," Y/n smiled.

"What!?" they gasped.

"A lot of these potions were familiar to me, and I'm good at memorizing," Y/n smiled.

"You all did great, but something odd has been happening this year," Crewel said ominously.

"What do you mean?" Ace asked.

"The students average grade has gone up lately, Trein noticed it too," Crewel sighed, " Anyways open your books to unit 7,"

-------

As soon as the Bell rang the guys ran out of the classroom. Y/n tilted her head slightly as she walked out of the classroom, but as she made her way down the halls she saw many of the students had very nervous looks on their faces.

'Was there something about this test I didn't know about?' Y/n wondered.

There was a large crowd in front of the scoreboard, and Grimm seemed to be frantically searching for his name. Only the top 50 with the best scores will be on that board, as Y/n got closer she could see the sad disappointment in their eyes.

"Didn't make it?" Y/n asked.

"The top 50 had perfect scores on all the tests," Ace sighed

"No, but how did you get the 49 spots?!" Grimm asked as he jumped up into her arms.

"Wait you made the 49 th spot!" Deuce gasped as he looked back on the board.

The group turned to look, and sure enough, there was her name, Y/n Ebonywood number 49 with a perfect score. Y/n felt her pride welled up in her chest as she smiled proudly.

"but if I didn't make top 50 that violets the contract," Grimm whined.

"Wait, Contract? Grimm you," Ace and Deuce gasped.