𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Start from the beginning

''You have to get him to the hospital wing.'' She slowly released Remus' face so it lolled back down.

''N-no!'' James and Sirius both urged at the same exact time. Jasmine took a cautious step back. Her eyebrows were high on her forehead not getting why the two of them were acting so weird.

''We can't go there. Pomfrey can't know.'' James continued.

''Yeah, we'll get detention.'' Sirius nervously looked to James before his attention was back on Jasmine looking for any kind of reaction.

She appeared to believe what they said. ''O-okay...?''

''Please, you have to help us. We don't know how to fix him.'' Sirius rushed at speaking.

Jasmine noticed how his face was concentrating and struggling from having to carry Remus for so long. She sighed and raked her eyes over the barely conscious student in front of her. She frowned before she stepped into action, her mind going to overdrive of the adrenaline she was experiencing.

''Potter,'' She motioned to him and continued when his attention centred on her. ''Run to the hospital wing and ask Madame Pomfrey for some bandages and an anti-pain potion. Tell her I asked for it and that's it's emergency. Quick.''

James removed Remus' arm from around his shoulder which made Remus put all his weight on Sirius. Black struggled before Jasmine quickly stepped in and put Remus' arm around her. Potter stood there, with his arms outstretched checking if the two of them were going to suddenly drop him. They didn't so Jasmine shooed him away and told him to hurry.

''We're bringing him back to the room,'' Sirius called after James when he already ran down the hallway.

Jasmine took a deep breath and made a stop forward, Sirius following her motions. She kept the groans and noises of struggle from coming through her lips. Remus, who apparently was slipping from being unconscious and back to awareness was quite heavy to lead this long path.

''Do you know what's wrong with him?'' Jasmine asked while emitting heavy breaths.

''I don't know,'' Sirius replied while hoisting his friend higher for a better grip. ''He's got a lot of scratches. It was probably some weird spell.''

''You had a duel with them?!'' She asked with a loud voice, not believing boys and their need to prove who's better.

''It was Snape and his lame gang. They started it.''

Jasmine rolled her eyes thinking of course. It's always the other's fault when it comes to it. Sirius clenched his jaw and debated how he felt about lying to her. At first, the plan was such a brilliant idea he couldn't even believe he came up with it. Now that some details were a little off and that Remus was seriously injured from the full moon, he wasn't so sure about it anymore. And he worried the most about denying Pomfrey's help and handing everything to Jasmine.

At least the plan was bit successful since she, as her nature is, jumped right into helping. They made it painfully slow to the first stairs that lead in the direction of Gryffindor common room. Right before the first step, Jasmine's knees buckled but she managed to catch herself before she would topple on the floor. Remus' balance was gone but Sirius actions were so quick he held his weight so Jasmine could fix her posture. Their eyes locked shortly before both looked upon the huge staircase which also happened to have a chance to move any time.

''Do you know any levitation charms?'' Jasmine asked breathlessly.

Sirius almost immediately shook his head. ''Wingardium leviosa, but that won't do anything.''

Jasmine let out a long deep sigh. In those times she got a regretful feeling that told her she should pay more attention to classes. ''Okay.'' She took two more big breaths before she gripped tighter onto Remus' waist. Her voice came out soft as she started speaking.

''Remus, I need you to listen to me now. I know it hurts and I know it's hard to stay awake but I want you to try, okay? Try and help us here just for a few more minutes. I promise once we get up there you'll be able to sleep in your soft bed. Please, I know you can do it.''

Her hand clasped around his, which was still hanging off of her shoulder. She felt him tighten his grip for a second and his head raised just so she could notice it. Both her and Sirius took the first step up and Remus did too. Jasmine could feel his muscles tensing as they ascended those stairs and she could guarantee she never saw so much will-power come from anyone.

''That's right. We'll almost there. You're doing great Rem.'' She encouraged and they could already see the painting of the Fat lady.

Suddenly she didn't feel the cold anymore as she did when she was just patrolling. And she had to change her statement about mornings being uneventful. Sirius told the password not caring if Jasmine heard it or not, she's been in the Gryffindor common room plenty times. The Fat lady put no fuss to the Hufflepuff as she saw the state of Remus. In a second they were inside, the common room feeling nice and warm with only a few students preparing themselves for breakfast.

They attracted a few glances but didn't care for them as they started going up the steps towards boys dormitories. Jasmine let out a sigh of relief as they entered a room and they laid down Remus on the bed that was closest to the entrance. Jasmine put her mind to work as she propped Remus' head on a pillow and checked the cut that was still bleeding. He was unconscious when she removed the coat he was wearing.

''Can you bring some water and a towel, please?'' She turned towards Sirius who was nervously biting his lip and just standing there.

He quickly rushed to the bathroom at the same time as James burst through the door with bandages and a vial in his hands. He placed them down on the nightstand as Jasmine waved him over to the bed.

''Help me remove his shirt.''

An unwilling smirk appeared on his face when he heard what she said. Though he remained silent then and helped Jasmine by leaning Remus into a sitting position so she could remove all layer of clothing from waist up. After that Sirius brought out the towel and she started cleaning the cuts. James and Sirius silently stood beside the bed and watched her work. Their plan succeeded, noticing how good she was at taking care of someone injured.

Jasmine was in a complete trance and she hadn't noticed that when she was done, she kept on sitting at the edge of the bed, her eyes raking over his body if she missed anything. She might have admired a little as well.

''It's breakfast time, are you coming?'' Sirius asked leaning down to speak to her.

Her head tilted upwards to him while simultaneously shaking. ''No, I'll stay until he wakes up. He still has to take the potion.''

Sirius nodded with a small smile. ''Make yourself at home.'' He gestured to the room before he and James left the room, closing the door behind them.

What she didn't see is that they high-fived in the corridor outside. Jasmine noted how tired Remus has been since he didn't wake once, no matter how stinging the wound cleaning was. It just put her heart at ease that he was safe and okay now. She didn't know how much time had passed before she felt him twitch slightly. Her eyes quickly travelled to his face, which was all scrunched up. His eyes slowly fluttered open and found hers.

A small smile tugged at his lips. ''I have a feeling I've woken up like this before.'' He said with a hoarse voice.

Jasmine let out a small chuckle as she reached over for the vial. She offered it to him and he drank it without question. She noticed how he didn't look confused at all, which meant he remembered all that happened and everything she has said to him. Before proper words could escape her lips the door swung open, revealing his three friends.

They all huddled around the bed with happy faces and started talking at the same time. Jasmine silently rose from the bed and moved to the back of the room. Remus was engaged in the conversation so she had the opportunity to slip out without being noticed. Her work was done and his friends could take it from there.

▴ ◃ ▾ ▹

Thank you to that one person, who shamelessly promoted my book in another book's comments. :)