𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝

Start from the beginning

Remus tilted his head confused. James looked up, his eyebrows knitting together when he realised that Genevieve wasn't there. "Where'd she go?"

Remus chuckled, shaking his head. Pointing back to the staircase he insisted she would be back soon.

After picking up the item, Genevieve nearly face-planted the floor as she ran back down. She'd luckily saved herself, returning to the boys and handing him the item. "I forgo' I had it." She shrugged.

"Thank you." Remus replied happily. He looked down at the chocolate bar before opening it. He placed the opened bar in the middle. The four of them dipped in and out, stealing small square of the treat.

After an hour or more, Sirius had written over a page and a half of possible pranks he wanted to pull, mainly against Snape. Genevieve found it fairly amusing how many of them were sly digs at the boy's hair.

After reading more than five hair dye pranks, Genevieve looked at him. "Have ye jus' go' a fascination with hair dye?" She inquired. He nodded vigorously. "I do like tha' one. Dye every Slytherin's hair re' an' gol' for shi's an' giggles." She read the line aloud for James and Remus. "I shi' ye no' it actually says for shi's an' giggles."

Remus shook his head, rolling his eyes for what felt like the hundredth time that morning alone. The pair could be more childish than James and Sirius.

James let out a concerning noise as he checked the time. "It feels like it's lunch now. It's only... half eight."

Sirius shrugged, returning his eyes to the parchment. "Time flies when you're having fun?"

Genevieve smirked, standing up. Holding out her hand to James, he took the opportunity and slapped it with his own. Her face dropped in exasperation, pointing to his letter. He quickly threw it to her, rolling her eyes as she went.

Remus looked behind him, watching her leave without him. He tried to drown out the two other boys as Genevieve stopped at the portrait hole. She knew he was waiting for the invitation.

Not waiting a second later, he hopped up from his chair and grabbed his bag. "Don't need to ask me twice." He whispered to her, walking quickly ahead.

Genevieve laughed as she followed suit.

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

Genevieve and Remus decided to take the long way back from the Owlery. They both knew exactly what they would be returning to and were in no rush anyway.

Though the pair had fun when they pranked and joked around with the other boys, they enjoyed the peacefulness between the two of them just as much. The long conversations about fictional worlds in literature left the two busy for hours at a time. They both agreed they read the most of the five.

Genevieve actually admitted that she'd never seen Peter pick up a book to read and that Sirius only did it when he had to. James was the only exception, always rereading the same few books, thoroughly enjoying them.

The pair joked with each other lightly, ignoring the strange glances they received for being without the others. Lily had stopped them to ask Remus a question, Snape not too far behind her to question every move she made. Genevieve had to strongly resist the urges not to say or do anything to him. She quickly left after receiving her answer and moved on quickly, the Slytherin trailing behind.

Genevieve finally rolled her eyes, looking back to Remus. "Why does he exis'?" She asked him.

"Well..." Remus cleared his throat. "It happens Gen, when a man and a woman love each other very much..."

"Oh shu' up, ye!" She slapped his arm, laughing with him. "Ye such a gi'."

"Not as much as him, I hope." He pointed his thumb over his shoulder.

Genevieve gasped. "Nae, no' at all. Nae-one's as bi' a gi' as him." Remus nodded continuing forward. "Od's dey're in de Hall?"

Remus didn't think about it. "If Peter's awake, which Merlin I hope he is by now, very likely." Genevieve turned them in the direction of the Great Hall. "Do you need, 'fud'?" He mocked.

She glared slightly him. "Dinnae thin' cause I love ye, I wo'nae hi' ye Remi." She warned him. He laughed again, holding his hands in the air.

"Sorry." He chuckled. "But the way you say it amuses me."

"So ye've sai'." She pointed to her throat. "It's de accen' ye." She simply stated, shaking her head with an accompanied eye roll.

Remus nodded in agreement as the pair entered the Great Hall. Unsurprisingly, the other three were there, eating - mainly Peter stuffing his face and the other two messing around.

Genevieve and Remus seated themselves either side of the Gryffindor table. Genevieve immediately taking the boys' food from them to stop another possible food fight commencing.

"Where have you two been?" Sirius asked sounding somewhat like a worried mother.

Genevieve sighed, placing her hand on his shoulder. "Chill, Siri. We're fine. We jus' ken we' have to deal with ye dramatic arse when we came back." He gasped insulted. "See." She turned to Remus.

Remus chuckled, his head still hurting from his headache. Genevieve had seemed to make a minor part disappear. He knew that it wouldn't last though, especially with the combined energy of James and Sirius. 

His attention had been drawn from the group by Thalia and her friend. The young girl beside her was who he mainly focused on: for the life of him though he couldn't remember her name.

She had long dark hair that framed her face quite intricately and dark eyes to match. He wouldn't admit it aloud, in fear of embarrassment and teasing from the boys, but thought the young Slytherin was very pretty.

She glanced over momentarily - as though she knew he'd been watching - and nodded to him, a small smirk on her face. 

Genevieve brought his attention back, by tapping him under the table. He tilted his head slightly, rubbing his eyes. 

"Wha' woul' ye like to do today Remus: I'm nae in de moo' for de pranks on dis lis'?" She inquired to him. Remus thought for a moment before shrugging.

"I'd quite like if it we could sit by the Black Lake. That was those three can run off whatever energy they have, like the tiny children they are." His explanation was briefly paused by the dramatic gasps of James and Sirius, Peter hardly listening to the conversation: too focused on his food. Remus continued. "And so you can finish your book." He pointed to the small bag the girl always carried with her. 

She smiled, liking the idea herself. "I thin' tha's a grea' idea." She agreeing. "Boys? Ye dinnae 'ave to if ye dinnae wanna bu' I'm goin' with Remus." 

James and Peter didn't need much persuasion, more than happy to spend time with their friends. Sirius however, sulked, similar to a stubborn toddler not getting his way.

After five minutes of arguing with Genevieve that pranking Snape alone would be almost equivalent to a suicide mission, via Lily response to it, Sirius lowered his shoulders and sighed. 

"Can we pull pranks tomorrow?" He asked her, his best young child's voice appearing. 

Genevieve rolled her eyes, holding out her pinky finger. "I promise." He took no second chance in wrapping his finger around her's, shaking it viciously. "Release, Sirius." She warned him.

He chuckled, removing his hold. He quickly refocused himself into the previous conversation with James leaving Genevieve to eye roll.

She knew the day would be filled with mania.

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

✦☾⚕☾✦