𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝

Start from the beginning

"Ye gud there Sméagol?" She asked him looking up from her book to see him. He scrunched his eyebrows confused by the name. "I nee' to ge' ye into readin'. I really do." She muttered, mainly to herself.

"What are you two doing? Planning pranks? Playing games?" He asked curiously. The pair shook their heads. "No?"

"I were wri'in' to ma Da." Genevieve held up the enveloped letter. "An' Jamie were wri'in' to his Ma." Sirius mouth made an O shape in realisation as he settled himself into the chair. "Den I starte' readin' an' Jamie's still wri'in' cause he were watchin' me wri'e for a wee bi'." She explained. James focused his eyes back down onto his parchment trying to remember any details to tell his mother.

He sighed irritably. "Genny?" She hummed, turning her head to face him. He waved the parchment in her direction. "Help?" She smiled, shaking her head accompanied with an eye roll before grabbing the smudged letter.

Reading through the boy's handwriting she smirked at the small grammatical errors he had made, the odd punctuation marker missing. She nodded reading through it again. "Have ye tol' her ye go' on de Quidditch team?" James snapped his fingers, taking the parchment back quickly and scribbling that down. "Also de detentions yer've got'en too?" He shrunk down a small bit, trying to ignore the girl's query. "Tha's a nae." She turned to Sirius.

"Definitely a no." He agreed, scrunching up his nose. Genevieve glanced down to her book, knowing she wouldn't be reading anymore pages from it, she put it away. "Can we plan some pranks, please?" He asked the girl for permission.

"Siri, we've go' pranks planne' out till the en' o' December." She pointed out.

"I know but you can never have too many pranks." He replied, pointing his index finger to her.

"I can think o' at leas' three people tha' woul' disagree." She fired pulling out some parchment. "But if ye mus'." She handed him it. A small cheer left his mouth as he began scribbling away.

Remus dragged himself over to the three of them, a headache forming as an indication of what was coming for him. He hated how draining his condition made him. Sitting himself down beside James, he was greeted by the booming voice of Sirius.

"Morning sleepy!" He pulled a face, telling him to be quiet before pointing to his head. "Sorry."

Genevieve tilted her head. "Ye alrigh' Remi?" She asked him, concerned. Remus knew that Genevieve had a query something was wrong with him. He only hoped she hadn't fully connected the dots. She was the first and only friend he had made in his childhood.

He nodded. "Headache." He stated simply. He directed his hands in both directions. "What are they doing?"

Genevieve pointed at James. "Wri'in' to his Ma." She turned to Sirius. "Thinkin' o' more pranks to pull."

Sirius' head shot up. "I definitely want to do this one after the Slytherin vs Gryffindor match." He pointed to the list. "Can we?" Remus read it, rolling his eyes, Genevieve laughed at his reaction before grimacing.

"I thin' tha's a wee bi' far tha' Sirius." She stated, deflating Sirius' excitement. "Maybe for ano'er year." She suggested the compromise, earning a nod. "Crisis o' house war aver'e'."

Remus nodded, remembering something. "Did you know there's a second year on the Slytherin team also?" Genevieve shook her head. "It's Ebeneer's friend."

"D'ye ken her name?" He shook his head.

"No, I thought you might know." Genevieve shrugged.

"We'll fin' ou' soon enough, righ'?" Remus nodded watching as Genevieve rummaged in her bag for something. She sighed, realising she'd forgotten something. "One sec, I lef' sommat upstairs for ye." She ran off quickly.