Chapter 1: Welcome to Wonderland

"That's so much work." I whined to Wes as he pointed to where he wanted us to walk.

"Want me to carry you?" He laughed seriously.

"Psh no, I can do it." I pushed some plants out of my way as we walked throughout the woods.

The sunlight glistened off the river and hit the trees. I walked in the shade trying to keep my shoes from sinking into the mud.

"So do you come down here a lot?" I questioned him as I cautiously crawled down large rocks.

"Yeah, it's kind of like my chill spot.....where we're going. I always come down here alone." He flipped his brown hair out of his eyes.

"and do what?" I pondered.

"Think." Wesley smiled.

"About what?" I asked wide eyed trying not to be annoying.

"Everything.....life......you." He beamed down at me.

"Why would you think about me?" I asked stupidly.

"You're all I have. You're my everything, I know you don't feel the same way, it's cool." He looked at the ground and kicked a few stones.

His words were like a dager throughout my heart. I had so many feelings for him, I was just scared. Scared that if I shared the same type of feelings he did for me that our friendship would be gone. If that happened I couldn't live with myself.

"Don't act like you don't think about me Weslyn!" He pushed me playfully and I giggled.

"So do you bring all the girls up here." I twirled in a circle still walking in the paths.

"Uh....no actually. I have a secret place where we are going, but I uh....never brought anyone down here with me before......consider yourself special." Wesley grinned.

"Wesley." I stopped dead in my tracks.

Ahead of me was a few very steep rocks and metal scraps across the cliff. I wasn't walking across that I couldn't. The deepness of the river from twenty feet below glared at me. My fear of heights had gotten worse with age.

"Weslyn you can do it." His warm arms wrapped around my waist and turned me to face him.

"Wes no I can't. I'm going to fall." I started to get teary eyed as he laughed at me.

"I'm serious." I lightly slapped his arm.

" Weslyn I do this all the time, just don't look down, do you trust me?" His puppy dog eyes questioned me.

I nodded my head and he took my hand in his. As we neared the edge I closed my eyes tightly as he leaded me across slowly.

"Is it over?" I peaked and quized.

"It's over." Wes smirked letting go of my hand.

My hand felt empty as we moved on and on into the forest near the river, when we went through a few bushes I gasped at what I saw.

A rock outstretched over the water so high up, you could see everything. A few plants grew around the rock and and trees seemed to grow into a roof shape that shaded the area. Logs where spread around to sit on and I noticed out of the corner of my eye a cave.

Made of metal scraps to the side of the outstretched beauty was this cave. A few blades of sun hit the metal but it was mainly shadowed by the greenery. Inside were blankets and books.

I turned to face my best friend. "This is amazing!"

Wesley smiled and turned his head to face the overlook of the water that seemed to be as perfect as water color pastels dripping on a canvas.

"I discovered this place as a child, it was like me secret enchanted little world. I started to make it a little more me." He chuckled to himself.

"Well your little land is quite perfect." I stood on my tip toes as I put my arms around his neck.

"Welcome to wonderland then." He stated sarcastically as he swung me around in circles.

"Put me down!" I hollared playfully slapping him.

We sat on the edge of the rock talking till dark. That's what I loved the most about Wes. We could talk about anything and everything and not get bored. Nothing was weird or awkward either.

"It's getting really late isn't you're mom going to be upset?" He questioned me seriously.

"Oh....yeah! Shit!" I got out my phone to call my mom.

"Young one." Wesley slipped in-between coughs.

It was true but I hated when he treated me like I was a little kid. I just turned sixteen and Wesley is eighteen, but when he's having a good day he reminds me age is nothing but a number. It's the little things like that that made us become bestfriends.

"Hello Weslyn." My mother answered firmly after I called.

"Hey mom, I'm sorry...I.." She interrupted me.

"You better get home." She demanded.

"I'm at Ashleigh's house. Can I just sleepover?" I requested.

"Fine be home by ten tomorrow morning." She gave in with a sigh.

"Thanks mom." I responded before hanging up the phone.

Wesley looked me up and down with a fake disgusted look on his face. I couldn't take it, I began to crack up.

"No! Bad Weslyn! Why did you lie to your mom?" He scolded me.

"Oh I also told her that your 16 and that you're really smart and skipped a grade. Oh yeah and she thinks you're name is Wesley Maxwell." He had a shocked expression on his face, it was priceless.

"Wesley Maxwell is that little kid in my English class!" He piped up.

"You wanted me to be able to hangout with you right?" I quized him.

He nodded quickly.

"Okay then." I beamed brightly.

We went over to the cave and cuddled into the massive amount of blankets and pillows.

"Geez you would never get cold down here." I hit him with a pillow.

"It's impossible to get cold in the summer anyways." He winked sarcastically and hit me back.

"You're going to pay for that!" I threatened as I started to tickle him and heard his too cute laughter echoing off the metal.

Suddenly I was pinned down into the blankets with Wes on top of me looking deep into my soul with his dark chocolate eyes as we tickled each other till we were out of breath.

He collapsed next to me and our hands hit each other. I curved my hand into a fist but he still put his hand around mine. After about ten minutes I let my fingers slip in-between his as I closed my eyes.

"Hey Wes?" I whispered.

"Yeah?" He whispered back to me so quietly.

"You're Wonderland is wonderful." I complimented and I could feel the smile spread across his lips without seeing it.

*****************************

Hey guys!(:

I love this story line guys and it will go on for a while because it's based on things that happen in my life.

I just changed the names to Wesley and Weslyn. Clever right? I wanted to write a book about my life and I wanted to write a Wesley fan fic. killed two birds with one stone.;)

Follow my instagram: Nicolemariegarvey

Follow my twitter: xNicoleMalikx

Nicole XxXx