<~{CHAPTER FOUR}~>

Start from the beginning

" Oh wyrm! Thats even better! Thats so awesome! Aaaaaaa, you know what? Wait a moment here, if you dont mind, I'll go write my reply quick" you said quickly, darting into your house and leaving both Spec and (P/N) infront of the bench to wait for you. 

Feeling excitement flow throw you, you started to write the letter, the glowing ink spilling slightly onto your cloak, but you didnt mind, as you mostly focused on writing a coherent letter with readable handwriting, opposed to your usual spider-leg looking scribbles. You signed it and wrote the address, then rushed back to the center of the town, where Spec was waiting, sitting on the bench. Your Mosscreep seemed to quickly trust him, as he was now on the butterfly's lap, being pet and purring.

Spec gladly took the letter.

"Thanks for being a mail guy!" Was the only thing you could exclaim. Spec just kinda blushed and lowered his head.

"Oh, its nothing, really. Someone's gotta deliver the mail, and not many actually seem interested in this job.. Though it is so exciting. Did you know one of my friends here got sick? I feel bad for being happy about it, but that means I've got to deliver your letter to the palace myself!" He said, somehow you could tell he was smiling as he spoke, with (P/N) purring and begging for more petting.

"Oh my wyrm! Then, dont call me crazy for trusting a stranger, but can I go with you?" You asked, and you were about to explain yourself before Spec perked up.

"I'd love some company, so, of course! You seem nice. And this being such a special event for both of us, it really would be sad for us  have to be alone through it.. When are you free?"

You thought for a moment.. You didnt shower yesterday so you probably smelled like P/N when you first found them in Greenpath. That is literally all you had to do for today, other than breathe and eat and maybe start finding a job in case your parents stopped paying you for being alive..

"In about half an hour. You?"

"Just one hour. Dirtmouth's a small place."

"Then in an hour, I'll be at this cool bench."

"Alrighty, see you later, then." Spec said, bowing slightly. P/N jumped off from his lap so the butterfly could get up, but whimpered sadly as they saw him leave.

{Pure Vessel's POV}

It was already afternoon, and me and my siblings were just hanging out in the library. Ghost was reading a book about mythological creatures, while Alabaster drew in her sketchbook whatever creature he started to rant about. I simply read a book about laws.

Really at some point I stopped actually reading, just looking at the book with a blank expression, thinking about nothing, like I should always be.

"Hey, brother, you're okay?"

I snapped out of this purity as I heard Ghost, who stared at me with worry. Alabaster even left her doodles unfinished to turn to look at me.

"Yes. I'm fine.. Just.." I stared at the book again. "I think I've read this before."

"Uh yeah you have, like three times actually, maybe you should try something n-" Alabaster was cut off by Father yelling.

"You kids! Someone brought the mail, and I'm.. Trapped here trying out some new buzzsaws... SOMEONE BRING ME THE MAIL!"

Immediately Ghost and Alabaster turned to me.

"Rock,

Paper..

Scissors!"

Instinctively my hand was in a fist. Rock is a solid choice. Alabaster and Ghost chose paper.

Darn it.

I narrowed my eyes at them slightly (which is as much as I can narrow them) and walked out, passing through the white halls and towards the entrance of the Palace. The guards opened the doors without hesitation and I looked down.

[Y/N]

As the doors of the Palace opened minutes after we arrived, you looked up, seeing a tall figure in a white cape, with long horns and empty dark eyes.. The prince, again! You blushed as you both just awkwardly looked at eachother. Spec cleared his throat.

"Good morning, your highness!" He said, deeply bowing. He nudged you and you bowed too. The Pure Vessel just stared for a moment, not knowing what to do, until you both stood straight again.

"I am Spec! And I brought you some mail."

The prince nodded, taking the letters, journals, and buzzsaws.

"And this is Y/N! Winner of the Pale Flakes contest!" He said pointing to you.

The pure Vessel quickly eyed the letters, and nodded to you, as if ordering you to stay right there for a moment. He quickly headed inside once again, leaving the door only slightly open.

Minutes passed and eventually he returned, signaling you to follow him, and so you and Spec did.

(hate this chapter.)