07.THE CONFRONTATION

Start from the beginning

Rohit was shocked to see Sumit like this and was dumbstruck.

Su- Alright fine she ignored you and you were hurt, I can understand that... But did you try to talk to her friendly or atleast cordially??... Atleast whenever she was not with Karan??

He started to act as if he was thinking.

Su- And yeah that day, after your little speech..What did you say?? I know girls psychology.. They're not right for each other blah blah blah yack yack yack, Well if they're not right for each other, Isn't it your duty to make them understand but no.. I guess you decided to talk to them through telepathy and poor them I guess they didn't get your message!!!

Rohit didn't say anything but had his head hung low.

Su- You know what?? Even Sona asks about you... She asks "why is he behaving like this?? Is everything ok??"

Inspite of the situation, he let out a small smile thinking that Sona cares for him..

Su- And what am I supposed to tell her?? That you are behaving this way because of her..even though it's not her fault??

Rohit did not know what to say.

Su- So that's it na Rohit?? A girl ignores you and you forget about the whole world?? About people who care for you?? Right from Joseph Uncle to even our professors have asked me why are you behaving this way?? How am I supposed to answer them huh??...I thought friends care for each other...share things with each other... their feelings with each ( he stopped midway)... but no you've proved me wrong and don't worry.. Hereafter I won't interfere in any of your matters be it regarding studies or even anything else..

And with this Sumit walked out from the room.

Rohit was not able to decipher anything for a few minutes.. But then when he sat and thought about Sumit's last conversation with him, he thought that Sumit was right.. All this time he was thinking about how he was hurt..but he never thought about the people whom HE hurted. And Sumit, how could he do this to him?? He had realised his fault and he was determined to talk to Sumit after he returns.. but Sumit showed no signs of returning.. For a moment he thought about going outside and talk to him then and there but decided against it.. Sumit needed his time to clear his mind...

Sumit returned to their room at 6'o clock. When Rohit saw him he immediately went and hugged him.

R- Sorry man...

Sumit heaved up a long sigh and hugged him back.

He broke the hug and looked at him

R- Iam sorry ya Sumit.. I behaved like a stupid immature kid and...(he sniffs) You're right Sumit. I only saw that I was hurted but... I never that I was hurting people.. especially you..

Su- Rohit enough, you've already apologized once, and I really hope you meant that "Sorry" (pointing to his heart) from here!! Right??

Rohit nodded his head.

Su- And promise you won't become Devdas again!!

Rohit laughed at him.

R- I won't.

Su- Sure???

R- Ha baba 100% Sure!!!

Su- Fine I believe you this time, but next if you so something idiotic like this..

R- (In a challenging tone) What will you do Mr.Khanna??

Su- Really?? You're challenging me?? I'll...

Sumit picked up his pillow and throwed at him.

R- That's it... You asked for it Sumit..

And they both started pillow fighting.. After a lot of huffing and puffing finally both  became tired and ended up laughing like maniacs.

After Sumit's speech, Rohit was determined to, in the words of Sumit "Not to become Devdas" again and he pretty much did a good job. He was still uncomfortable with Karan and Sonakshi being close, but yet managed to cover it up with a smile and focused on spending more time with Sumit and Raima. Rohit and Raima had a good rapport of which Sumit often made fun and fake complained a lot of times.

Rohit thought to himself "Maybe I was stupid, Sona is a fantastic girl and I would've loved to date her, but I guess "WE" were not destined to happen."

BUT ALAS, WAS HE RIGHT?

Hey guys, So I don't how this has turned out. Good or bad you decide for yourself. I really hope everyone likes the chapter🤞🤞.I am Sorry if I've disappointed anyone 🥺🥺. Please do vote and place your precious comments, I love reading them.

Till then,
Au revoir.....