Galatea

Warnings: blood and gore, dark rituals, mentions of sacrifice of heavily pregnant woman, murder. Please, proceed with caution.

******

...her face was divine and so was her body, and Pygmalion spent many days admiring his creation. There could be no better woman and he named her Galatea... (The Legend of Pygmalion and Galatea)

******
Almost one hundred years ago...

The self-awareness was coming back in bursts. It felt as if he could see glimpses of reality through darkness which enveloped his mind in a tight unbreakable cocoon. First, blood, so much blood around him and on his hands that it would scare Anakin almost to death in any other case. However, it felt as if he was already dead, so, his mind slid to other details. Candles were burning around him, throwing shadows on the walls of... where he was? Some dark room without windows? Basement? The warlock searched his memories, but found no answer. Suddenly, he noticed one more thing in front of him which looked like an altar and there... no, no, no, God, please, no! He screamed in horror, then heard a dry malicious laughter and finally everything came back at once.

Now, Anakin knew where he was, the owner of laughter and who was on the altar. He panted and tried to avoid looking at the corpses; that got Sidious' attention. The ancient demon came closer and almost sing sang his words, "My sweet boy, you should not be ashamed of yourself. What you did to her was truly poetic. Never before I witnessed such beautiful cruelty, and, may I add, the best part of it was her screams. Your wife literally wailed when you started slicing her belly to get to chil..." "SHUT UP", bellowed Anakin, "I trusted you! You told me that you would help me to save her from death. Not make me kill her with my own hands."

Sidious laughed again. It seemed that he was in a great mood and truly loved not only the bloody sacrifice of a heavily pregnant woman, but, also, the current torment of a young warlock. Perhaps, that was correct; after all, demons existed to torment and destroy souls, so, Sidious was doing his job. And enjoying it tremendously. He looked back to Anakin whose defeated form was visibly trembling in the light of dozens of candles. "I guess that was your mistake", finally sneered Sidious. "You forgot the teachings of your mentor. I believe Obi-Wan mentioned a couple of times that you had to trust no demon. Yet, you did abandon a lot of things because of that pussy, did you not?"

Never in his life before Anakin felt such overwhelming hatred. It was clouding his mind, taking away his breath and all he could think about was his wish to sink teeth into Sidious' throat and squeeze them until life would leave those sickly yellow eyes. For a brief moment the young man tried to get control over his feelings and think about something calming. First, his mind conjured the image of smiling Padme in their living room, then Padme in a sophisticated evening gown which she put on to enchant him even further, and then he was back to reality and saw Padme's bloodied corpse a few meters away from him. After that his hatred came back even worse.

Anakin fixed his gaze on Sidious and spit it through his teeth, "All those years you fooled me were for this? To kill my wife?" One of the most powerful demons laughed again, "Are you that silly, Ani? I do believe your mentor had taught you better before you left him for the charms of poor Padme. Demons walk the surface of Earth freely, yet, only warlocks can be hosts for spirits of most powerful of us. You are powerful and beautiful, so, surely, lord Vader will appreciate my choice of body to host him." Of course, Anakin knew it. Warlocks were able to do magic and, therefore, could be used as vessels for powerful demons. Yet, to be able to possess a warlock demons needed to corrupt him and trick into doing unspeakable horrors. Anakin committed his crime. Padme and their children were dead and no power in the world could bring them back. However, he was still alive and he craved his revenge. Sidious would be the first one to kill, and then, if his fate was merciful enough, Anakin would get Vader too, whoever that demon was.