~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓗𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓕𝓸𝓻𝓽𝔂 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮 ~

Start from the beginning

Do to all she was doing it felt like time was passing by even quicker than normal and before she knew it, it was February - more specifically Valentines Day which just so happened to be on the same day as a Hogsmeade trip.

Lina dressed in tight jeans, a grey long-sleeved jumper that she tucked into her jeans, boots and to finish it off her leather jacket which she knew Cedric loved. Lastly, she pulled out her half of her mothers necklace and let it rest over the top of her jumper.

"You look really pretty," Betty said, she sat on Lina's bed crossed-legged watching Lina add the finishing touches to her hair and face. Demeter was curled up on her lap purring happily as Betty stroked her fur.

"So do you," Lina said turning around in her seat to smile at Betty.

"No I don't" Betty grumbled.

Lina resisted the urge to laugh, Betty was by far one of the most stubborn girls she had ever met. "Yes, you do."

"But my hair isn't all nice, it's straight and boring!" She said flinging a piece of her blonde hair away from her face "and I'm not wearing makeup."

"Well, I'm only wearing a little bit of makeup which by the way you're too young for but as for the hair situation-" Lina got up from where she was sat at her desk and tapped the placed she had just been sitting. Betty picked Demeter up and placed her on the bed before taking the seat.

"What are you going to do to my hair?" Betty asked slightly jumping up and down in her seat.

"It's a surprise," Lina said and got to work. She braided the front section of Betty's hair and tied the two braids together at the back of her hair, she then clipped in a butterfly clip that matched the one Lina had in her own hair. "Simple but effective."

"Thanks, Lina!" Betty said, she jumped up and tightly wrapped her arms around Lina's waist.

"Alright, you," Lina said hugging her back while being careful of Betty's hair "I need to go and meet Cedric and you need to go and find your friends."

"But you're my friend," Betty said going back to pet Demeter.

"Friends that are your own age" Lina chuckled and gently pushed her first-year friends out the door "plus you know you're really supposed to be in here without me."

"Alright, alright" Betty sighed "but can I at least bring Demeter with me?"

"Sure," Lina said going back for her cat who was starting to go to sleep.

***

Lina and Cedric walked through Hogsmeade hand in hand swinging them slightly as they walked with no real destination in mind.

"This is our first Valentines day together," Lina said happily grinning at Cedric.

"As boyfriend and girlfriend yes," Cedric said squeezing Lina's hand "but not for lack of effort."

Lina playfully rolled her eyes "oh yeah, the rose you sent me."

"For all of Lockhart's faults, that wasn't a totally rubbish idea," Cedric said nodding his head.

"I knew it was you who sent me the second rose the second I got it."

Cedric stopped walking and pulled Lina back to him as she hadn't realised he had stopped and kept walking "and you didn't say anything?"

"I...I didn't think you felt that way about me" Lina said timidly, looking back on it she realised how blind she had been. "Plus I was with Oliver, happily might I add."