Chapter Three: Black, Sirius Black

Start from the beginning

"We'd be stuck in detention for a week," Sirius whistled. "You have exquisite taste in joke items. I find it shocking a Beauxbatons girl would even recognize something like this!"

"My school isn't all ice sculptures and pansy Charms!" Juliette huffed. "In fact, I'm sure I can execute any prank much better than you two because I wouldn't get caught!"

Sirius and James had to admit, Juliette had a point. They were constantly getting into trouble at Hogwarts and spent nearly half of their fourth year scrubbing away the paint from a paint bomb explosion in the trophy room. It was very rare that the boys got away with their tricks.

"What were you planning on doing with this anyways?" Sirius asked as he tossed the Squealer back to Juliette. She fumbled with the delicate item before cradling it in her arms.

"I planned on letting it slip under the dress of one of my parents' dear friends," said Juliette warily. She wasn't sure if Sirius would be privy to the idea of making a spectacle of his mother. 

"Sounds like fun. Need any help?"

"I suppose I could use someone to distract my parents," Juliette admitted. 

"Then who better to distract your parents than two strapping young men pretending to vie for their daughter's affections!" Sirius exclaimed and wrapped an arm around James' shoulders. He started to affectionately pinch James' cheek, and the latter swatted him away.

"Anything is better than sitting in this room with this murderous display," James shuddered, taking one last look at the dead eyes of the stags. 

The trio made their way back to the bustling party while discussing their greatest pranks to date. A playful argument arose when they tried to decide if Juliette's releasing Beauxbaton's Abraxans during a Quidditch match was more impressive than James and Sirius' flooding the entire dungeons with three feet of water. It soon became clear Sirius, James, and Juliette had a knack for school shenanigans. Fortunately, all three didn't attend the same school or one of the castles probably would've been destroyed by their second year. To anyone listening to their discussion, one would think the three were friends for years rather than for twenty minutes. 

Juliette, Sirius, and James reentered the dining hall. Their absence seemed to go completely unnoticed. Guests were getting more intoxicated by the minute, making it easy for the mischief makers to slip through. Juliette quickly spotted Walburga in the middle of the hall, and Cassius and Aurelie were conversing with Rose' future in-laws. The trio parted with smug smiles and well wishes of successful high jinks.

Even as Sirius and James started their conversation with Cassius and Aurelie, they kept an eye on Juliette. They still weren't convinced this girl would play such a dirty trick. However, when Juliette faked a clumsy trip in her high heels near Walburga's ankles, they saw the slip of her hand release the wick. It became clear Juliette was not bluffing about her abilities. She masterfully ducked away from the crime scene and leaned against the desert table, stealing a chocolate covered strawberry as she did so. Juliette raised the treat towards Sirius and James before taking a bite and winking in a sort of cheers to her success.

At first, Sirius and James weren't so sure Juliette's plan worked. Silence ensued and Walburga looked unscathed. In fact, Juliette herself stood anxiously waiting and wondering if the Squealer was a dud. 

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hands clamped over ears as the atrocious squeal washed across the room. A wide grin broke out on Juliette's face at the sound, and she started to double over in laughter at an unexpected result of the bomb. As the Squealer continued to yell like a wounded pig, the bomb's explosion forced the skirt of Walburga's dress into the air. Her white bloomers and pale legs were exposed to the whole room. Walburga thrashed and yelled, trying to conserve what was left of her decency as Orion panicked beside her. It was difficult to tell who screamed louder- the bomb or Walburga.