Red Head

WARNING: OOC especially for the first chapters.

DISCLAIMER: I WISH I own Slam Dunk

JAPANESE WORDS:

|Baka or Ahou = Idiot | Oyaji = Father (masculine) | Shikuso = Sh*t | Okaa-san = Mother | Teme = Bastard| Urusai = Shut up | Onii-san/ nii-san = Older Brother (Feminine) |Kitsune = fox | Sensei = Teacher/coach| Tadaima = I'm home|

PROLOGUE

It was inside a large newly-built gymnasium that was going to be used, for the first time, as the basketball team's practice location. It was built in honor for the team's achievement, anyway, for maintaining their status as one of the best in the nation for more than a decade straight. Squeaks made by expensive basketball shoes against the professionally waxed floor and incessant dribbles engulfed the area.

And yet... they were really just background noise- er, music- in contrast to the coach's big mouth.

"Ora, Ora!" she yelled at the top of her lungs, and the gym (as noisy as it already was) turned silent. "What the hell is with that pace? How do you expect to return to defense at that speed?" she yelled at the flinching point guard. He was a sophomore and the team's top guard. They all had high expectations of him, particularly their 'genius' coach, so he had to work harder than most of his teammates.

She turned to the players who were practicing shootings. They were getting about 1 every 3 shots. Who cared if they were freshmen?

"You two brats! Practice shooting 50 times a day. If you don't get at least 2 every 3 shots by next week than you will drink a pitcher of my very healthy vegetable juice, understand?"

The two paled and immediately ran to practice. The people who heard whispered in incredulity.

The coach was being extremely strict as they had heard, but seeing it for the first time was something else felt like by the time they finished, they would no longer have any energy for class. The coach was already in her late twenties, but the atmosphere made her look older. It was odd that, even when no one admitted it, she was actually pretty good-looking. Her shiny long red-hair was really graceful and she did have distinctively good facial features.

They heard she had replaced Anzai a few years back, but were all aware that she was not short from qualified. She had been famous in the basketball world, and everyone knew her- including her... predispositions, and it was the reason no one was really surprised at all the yelling. Many of the senior players, who already knew her personally very well, were worried though.

Very worried.

A boy with a smile plastered in his face watched their unusual coach with a mixture of curiosity and anxiety. "Don't you think that if she doesn't calm down, she'll undergo miscarriage?"

"Shhh! Don't say that!" His teammate, a meek yet very masterful player, exclaimed in aghast. The two of them shivered when the felt daggers getting thrown at them.

"She's looking here, isn't she?"

"Don't look! Pretend we didn't say any-"

"Busy gossiping, eh?"

Gulp

"Twenty laps in 5 minutes."

"EH?"