Chapter 1

This is her outfit

Author POV
"Mom, this is all happening so fast, it's crazy. It felt like just yesterday I started auditioning and now I'm going to set." Kayla started to ramble showing her nerves to her mother.
"I know sweetheart but you have got this I believe in you. Also, I'm sure you will make friends with people quickly." Her mother was always good at reassuring her.
"I have to go, but I'll text you if I know anyone or on my break," Kayla said wishing her mom was there with her.

The set seemed huge to Kayla, but she knew in time she would know it like the back of her hand. Upon reaching set she heard someone calling her name.

"Kayla, here is the script for the scenes we are filming tomorrow. Today is going to be more of a get to know each other day," Kenny Ortega was explaining to her.

"Awesome and thank you for this opportunity. Do you know where everyone is?" Kayla questioned hoping Kenny would bring the poor lost girl. She was sure she looked like a lost puppy, not only was this her first time in a new country, but it was also her first-ever acting job.

"Don't worry I will take you to them, they will love you I am sure of it," Kenny said reassuring her as if he could tell what she was thinking deep down.

Walking down the street she thought about all it took to get here. Her poor mother driving her to auditions hours away at five in the morning. Then after not receiving a part cheering up the crying girl. Kayla had even almost given up her dream if it wasn't for her best friend. He was an actor and booked his first tv show when they were in middle school. She would talk to him every day and would go over to his house either every day or whenever he was home. The two of them were inseparable, in fact, their families often called them the twins, partially because of their closeness and the similarities in their looks.

"Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Kayla, she will be playing Cam," Kenny explained to the cast.

"Hi, as Kenny said my name is Kayla and I am so excited to be working with y'all," Kayla said trying hard not to stutter.

"Did I hear a y'all? I think I did, are you from the sou- Kayla my Kayla?" Owen was questioning his eyes before him stood his best friend. There were so many emotions running through his body, but the one he could not speak out loud was anger. He was angry and hurt that Kayla would not tell him she auditioned for a show. He was the one that talked her out of quitting her dreams. He pushed the anger deep inside him and ran to the girl picking her up. When he put her back on the ground he put her in a bone-crushing hug. Whispering into her neck he was so happy she was here.

"Um, are we interrupting something here? I feel kinda awkward watching people fall in love," a young-looking girl with curly hair said. "Oh by the way I'm Madison."

"We are just best friends-" Kayla began to say before being interrupted by Owen.

"Actually we are twins but not biologically," Owen corrected with a sassy face. Kayla never thought she could roll her eyes so hard, but she proved herself wrong.

"Hi, I am Charlie," a cute boy with shaggy brown hair. He offered his hand to shake, Kayla had to tell herself not to blush.

"Hi, I am Kayla," she responded, they kept saying hi to each other only being snapped out of reality when Owen smacked Charlie.

"Hello, I'm Jeremy, I play Reggie," the other brunette boy said to her. After the full cast made their introductions they decided to go to dinner in the city. They ate at a beautiful Italian restaurant in downtown. Kayla was sat in between Charlie and Owen, the whole night Charlie and Kayla talked about their childhood, family, and how they got their parts. Owen was happy she was making friends with his friends, but he could not shake off the jealousy. He wanted to talk to her, but Charlie would not shut up. Owen was going to blow up after Charlie interrupted him for the tenth time, but Kayla was getting a phone call from her mom.

"Excuse me I need to take this," Kayla said while standing up. Charlie gave her a nod and Owen told her to say hi for him.

"Hey, momma, I am loving this cast," Kayla said in a hushed tone so no one could hear her, but Owen was listening.

"Honey, that is amazing. Are they nice? Ooh, any cute ones?" Her mom questioned, she could practically feel the smirk through the phone.

"Oh yeah mom super cute, but I think you know one of the guys in the show," she was trying to be as mysterious as she could be.

"Really, what is he from that I have seen him in?" Kayla knew her mom would be so proud of both Owen and her when she tells her.

"Oh, his name is Owen you know my twinny!!" Kayla said in such an excited tone, she was happy she was not alone in a new city. "I am glad he is here I won't feel so alone or homesick, but I think he is mad at me right now. Oh, also he says hi." Hearing this made Owen feel even worse, he heard the nervous ramble, he thought he was such a jerk. He quickly went back to the table deciding to confront Kayla later.

"Aw honey tell Mr. O I'm so proud of him and that I love him," Kayla snorted hearing the nickname, then her face became hot from her blush. She just hoped no one heard her and if someone did it was only Owen.

"Alrighty, momma, I got to go I will talk to you later I love you," saying this made Kayla tear up, she did not want to say goodbye.

"Don't cry, sweetheart, I will talk to you later enjoy yourself now." Her mom was sick, but only Owen knew this, she did not want anyone else to find this out. She wiped away her tears and put on a smile sitting with the rest of the cast. Owen could tell she was faking it and gave her open arms, which she gladly cuddled into. This small act sent a huge pang of jealousy through Charlie's chest.

"She will be ok I promise," Owen whispered in her hair.

"I know but what if it isn't? I can't lose her," Kayla said softly. Charlie heard her and needed to know what she was talking about.

"Hey guys I am going to head to my apartment I will see you tomorrow. Bye," Kayla said, she needed to get home and sleep maybe even hang up some photos.

*************************************

Hey guys so I hope you like it.
Much Love,
K