All of them released a breath they never knew they were holding. Tabitha continued while looking at her glass and then looking up, "And it's Arthur, by the way. The oldest, just so you know."

Izzy choked on the burgundy liquid in her mouth, and Irene choked on the saliva in hers. Daphne and Imogen seemed to find something in the said statement to be funny as they covered the mouths with a soft hand before the wine goes splattering about, and Ana seemed to be surprised but unfazed. Imogen was the first one to speak up, "Arthur? Really?"

Izzy dabbed the corners of her mouth with an embroidered violet handkerchief, "Tabitha, my dear, I've always known you like peculiar men but, this-"

"Now, Izzy, that's not a fair question. The question should have been: A Shelby? Really?" Irene butt in, face still red from the coughing she had to suffer. Tabitha looked around in disbelief, "Now, what is wrong with fancying a mature man? A Shelby, for that matter?"

Daphne, with all her calmness in check, soothed Tabitha, "Now, Darling, you know that we have never been and never will be judging to anyone who chooses to associate themselves with those who are more ... mature. I mean, look at Irene. Those are the ones she chooses to mingle with."

Daphne paused as Irene threw her hands up exorbitantly.

"But a Shelby, honey, you know we don't associate ourselves with those bunch. They're dangerous-"

"So what if they're dangerous?" It was Ana who chose to interrupt this time. Her eyes looking dead serious. Irene observed the two-thirds of her pack, "Oh no, not you too, Ana."

Ana turned, not as bravely as she did back then. Now more like a timid little teenager who's shy to admit who her crush is. Looking down, she said, "You know what, yes. One of the Shelby brothers may or may not have caught my attention ..."

"Oh, dear God ..."

"Merde... "

"Excuse me, you. Yes, you. Could you be a darling and fetch us another bottle of wine, please?"

"You know what, make that two!"

The room was filled with silence. And this was coming from the girls, they were never this quite when combined, but it seemed like silence was something very much needed for this peculiar situation. It's not really every day that your best friends admit that they're in somewhat of a crush with who, to Irene, seemed like they were the vilest group of people she had come across.

The wine arrived only three minutes after; the servant knows better than to cross six very frustrated overindulged heiresses. Popping the wine open, Izzy asked, "So who is it then? Is it the blue-eyed devil Tommy or the recently-separated stud with the sinful smirk Johnny?"

Irene didn't even notice she perked up at the mention of the blue-eyed devil, only to immediately duck her head down. It did not go unnoticed by the girls, of course. In contrast with Ana, she scrunched her face at the mention of the first one, only to be lit up by recognising the second one. In addition to biting her lip, Irene was ready to barf when she saw that. "It's the latter, I'm pleased to say."

Daphne smirked, "You naughty lady."

"You're well aware that he's not even divorced, are you?" Tabitha continued as she passed the bottle of wine to Imogen, the youngest very eager to take it. Ana scoffed, "You're well aware that this year is Arthur's millennia, are you?"

It was wrong to laugh, but it felt superb anyway.

Irene raised her hand up, "Pardon me, am I the only one who still wonders why the two of you fancies a Shelby?"