Century Beast Chapter One- Appears Out of No Where

Why are you making me do this, Flower?” I asked, as she parked the car in front of the beating house.

“Because you need to get out there and have fun.  The project is due in two weeks; you can do it a little closer to the due date, Bambi.” She said calling me by my nick name. A lot of people called me Bambi and I called Jess, Flower. It caught on when we were little; we were obsessed with Bambi and Flower and pretend to be the characters in Bambi.

“Come on, Bambi. Please. Just let loose for tonight.” Flower pleaded.

“Alright, alright, I’ll go.” I said.

“Yes. Thank you, thank you, thank you!” She giggled and we hopped out of the car. It was mid November and it was cold, especially now since the sun was gone.

We made our way to the house that was pulsating with music. Flower walked beside me and hooked our arms together.

We walked inside and stayed glued together.  We danced with a couple other friends than went around and talked.

“I’m gonna get some air outside, alright?” I told Jessie.

“Alright. Are you okay?” she asked.

 “Yea, just a little warm. I’ll just be a minute.” I assured. She nodded but still had worried eyes.

I walked to the back door that led to the porch. I don’t know what was wrong but I had something in me that felt like it was about to explode, or something was going to happen, or I was waiting for something and I was about to find it. But mostly I was getting hotter and hotter. I don’t know how to really describe it but I felt something.

                I stepped out shutting the door behind me. I was alone on the porch and I slowly walked back and forth across the porch. Suddenly, I slipped on the ice that and fell backward.

But someone caught me and stood me up straight, facing them.

I looked up at my savior.

And he was gorgeous. His shaggy brown hair looked sort of like and Ashton Kutcher style. His eyes were gray with tiny bright green flecks that popped like a sore thumb. His features were sharp and his skin was smooth and olive toned.

“Th-thanks.” I stuttered out.

Our eyes met and they stayed like that for a long time. I felt like he was hypnotizing me and then something sparked. Like the explosion inside me finally let go like the buildup released or that the thing I have been waiting for has been found.

I’ve been waiting for you…

“I have… to go.”

He didn’t respond but I just walked back inside. I found Jessie and she looked at me.

“Feel better?” She asked.

“Umm. Yea but I’m gonna go.” I said sort of still dazed.

“Alright, I’ll take you home. Let me just get my bag an-” I cut her off.

“No. Stay. I want to walk. I need the fresh air.” I assured.

“Are you crazy? It’s like midnight, Bambi.” She exclaimed.

“I’ll be fine. Promise.” I assured.

“What happened, Bambi? You’re not yourself.” She asked suspiciously.

“Nothing. I just want to be alone for a little.”

“A-alright.” She said hesitantly.

“See ya, Flower.” I said hugging her and I left.