"Hahahaha! You did a very good job of disciplining Kirari. So well that I never saw her without a bruise. Isn't that so, Mr. Momobami? Tsk, I would never, ever consider you as a father." The room fell silent. I stood up and switched places with my mother.

"My daughter is right, Momobami. You are a cruel and horrible father, treating young Kirari differently from Ririka."

"What do you mean, (M/N)?" Mr. Momobami retorted.

"You've always belittled Kirari, treating her like she wasn't part of your family!"

"I treated her the same as Ririka, (M/N)!"

"You treated her like a slave, Momobami, like she wasn't special!"

"That's because she's not special!"

"Yes, she is!"

"Enough of this nonsense! You are acting like children!" I screamed, and both families fell silent. All eyes were on me.

"Miss (Y/N) is right. That's enough of this nonsense. Are we going to gamble or not, (M/N)?" my mother inquired.

My mother looked at me, and I nodded. "What's the game?"

"Well," Mr. Momobami began, a wide smile appearing on his face, "we're going to play a little game called Nim Type Zero. Each of our daughters' lives is the bet. One round. What do you say? Are you in, or are you going to drop out?" Both of our parents' eyes were now glowing – my mother's a bright red and Mr. Momobami's a bright blue. "All in," he declared. "All in!" exclaimed my mother.

The cards were dealt, and I couldn't see either my mother's or Mr. Momobami's cards. He played a 3, and my mother played a 1. "Are you sure you don't want to drop out now, (M/N)?" he taunted.

"I'm sure. But are you, Momobami? You're risking your daughter becoming our slave?"

"I'm sure," he replied confidently, placing another 3 on the table. The total was 7. My mother placed a 3. "The total is 9," the dealer exclaimed.

0

0

0

0

"It's the end of the game. I see that Mr. Momobami has no more cards to play. Is that so?" Mr. Momobami dropped his head, now realizing the gravity of what he had just done.

"I—"

"I don't want to hear it, Momobami. You lost the game and your daughter's freedom. How does this make you feel?"

Kirari's POV

I was terrified. My father had just bet my life, lost, and there was no turning back.

Kirari's POV

Fear and apprehension gripped me as I realized the gravity of the situation. My father had just wagered my life and lost, leaving me adrift in a sea of uncertainty. My existence was no longer my own; I was now a mere possession, a pet, and nothing more than a slave to the (L/N) clan.

"Kirari is now yours. Starting tomorrow, you may do as you please with her," the Momobami clan members declared solemnly. They left the room in silence, my father closing the door behind them. The final words he uttered were, "You may show yourselves out," before he left as well.

(Y/N) POV

We had won; the sense of relief washed over me like a tidal wave. I couldn't help but feel elated that I wouldn't have to endure servitude under the Momobamis. However, my joy was tempered by the knowledge that Kirari's fate had taken a dark turn. While my mother held a soft spot for her, I knew the rest of my family was far less forgiving. They would likely subject her to difficult tasks and hardships. I made a silent promise to protect her from the cruelty of our family to the best of my abilities.

Kirari's POV

I sped down the hallway towards my father's office, my heart pounding with anxiety. I dreaded his reaction, but at this point, I didn't care. I couldn't fathom a life as a pet, stripped of my autonomy. As I entered my father's office, he sat behind his desk, flanked by my mother and Ririka.

"Yes, Kirari, you wanted to speak with me?" my father inquired.

"Why would you bet my life without my consent, lose, and then act so composed about it?!" I demanded, my emotions running high.

"Kirari, it was merely a gamble. There's no turning back now. Starting tomorrow, you belong to the (L/N) clan. You will retain your position as the president at Hyakkaou Academy, but Ririka will take your place as the head of the family. You are no longer Momobami property, so we have no say in your life. You must obey the (L/N)s. Is that clear?" my father explained with a disturbing calmness.

In that moment, anger and hurt surged through me. I felt betrayed and discarded, left to fend for myself. Without another word, I stormed out of the room, tears streaming down my face. As I closed the door behind me and retreated to my room, Ririka barged in, slamming the door shut and locking it.

"W-What do you want?" I cried, my voice trembling.

"I just want to talk, okay?" Ririka replied, her tone softening.

"Are you happy now that you're the head of the family, Father's favorite!?"

"N-No, of course not. I'm your sister, remember? I still care about you."

"You don't care; you never did. You were always jealous of my position at home and at school. Father hates me, and you know it. Admit it; you're the favorite. You always got whatever you wanted, never faced consequences, and never had to meet Father's expectations. I was the one always getting into trouble, the one who had to work tirelessly to meet our Father's demands. And now, I have nothing left. Next, you'll try to take the presidency seat from me!"

"Kirari, I-"

"Get out, Ririka. I don't want to talk anymore. You've caused enough grief for me already," I shouted, my voice filled with pain and anger. Ririka left the room in silence, leaving me alone to face the harsh reality that had unfolded before me.