"What good that did me," Thomas commented, letting out a large scoff, "I was blessed with such a gift, I was. But I feel no different."

Thomas sighed in defeat, shaking his head slightly at Father Gregory before he walked out of the room alone.

_____

   At Westminster Abbey, Thomas stood in the front row with his uncle Humphrey, the Duke of Gloucester, while countless others were standing in different rows. He turned, watching as young Henry, who was only seven, was led through while wearing the king's robes. He walked down the aisle, looking frightened and nervous.

"Go with him," Humphrey told Thomas in a low tone and the boy nodded, immediately walking forward to accompany his brother to his throne.

Thomas walked up to Henry, who stared up at him nervously. "I am afraid, brother," Henry shuddered and tightly gripped onto his brother's hand as they walked toward the throne together, "Uncle told me to be brave. How am I to be brave if I am afraid?"

"That is the only time someone can be brave, little brother," Thomas told him softly, a smile forming on his lips, "You needn't be afraid, though. As I have always told you, I shall be at your side no matter what. I promise."

As they reached the steps to the throne, Henry glanced at Thomas, who nodded in encouragement. The young boy sighed in defeat, hesitantly letting go of his brother's hand before he fell into a kneel on the ground.

Thomas took a step back, watching with a smile on his face as the Bishop blessed his younger brother.

Once he was finished, Henry stood up. He turned and glanced at Henry, just before walking up the steps. He took a deep breath and with that, he sat on the throne with Thomas standing to his left.

The Bishop walked forward, placing the ring on Henry's finger before handing him the ball and scepter. He raised the crown above Henry's head, gradually placing it upon his head.

Thomas smiled, being the first to bow to his king. "God save the King!" He shouted out and the people of England immediately repeated after him.

"God save the King!"

_____

     At the Coronation feast, Thomas was standing near his Uncle Humphrey, greeting people as they walked in. Thomas smiled as his cousin, Richard of York, entered with his new wife, Cecily Neville. "Cousin," Thomas greeted the young man calmly and Richard bowed his head before walking past him.  He sighed in frustration, looking annoyed as he rolled his eyes at Richard's rudeness.

They used to be friends as children yet now, as adults, it was as though they were strangers.

Once everyone was seated, the horns blared and everyone rose from their seats. They turned, finding Henry standing there while wearing his crown. "Lords and ladies of the court," Humphrey announced in a loud tone, "I present unto you, King Henry VI of England!"

As Henry walked past him, Thomas bowed to his brother and smiled. Henry smiled back at him, just before he was led over to his throne. Once he was seated, the celebrations continued and Thomas found himself sitting beside his uncle.

Across the room, Richard of York sat with his wife, Cecily Neville, and their niece, Edith Neville, who oddly enough, was only a couple years younger than the fifteen-year-old Duchess. They sat with Cecily's older brother and Edith's father, Richard Neville, and his wife, Alice Montagu.