CYLIA: HES HOT THIS TIME I PROMISE

CYLIA: (attachment: 1 image)

oh fine he is pretty cute :Y/N

i stared at the picture of the boy, not being able to shake away this sense of familiarity. maybe i had seen him in another movie. yes. that had to have been it. i had seen him in another show.

the bus eventually pulled to a stop, opening the doors. i stepped off, and headed to the spot where i meet up with my friends. at least, the friends that still attended school. the only three that still went to school were cylia, ralph, and lilia. the rest were graduated, waiting for us to go to college. we all had agreed to go to college together.

the field i had to cross to reach the trees was filled with soccer players practicing, kicking the ball back and forth between each other. i tried to stay towards the outer edge, but i still had to move to the side to avoid being ran into.

a/n: yes ik it isn't called soccer in england

i finally made it to the trees were ralph was already waiting.

"hey," i greeted him, climbing up into a tree. he flung his backpack on the ground, climbing up next to me.

"hiya. lilia said she wouldn't be here today, and cylia is going to be late. she has a doctor's appointment. just you and me," he panted, he finally reached my branch.

i could feel the branch bend slightly under the weight of both of us. i adjusted myself slightly as i nodded to ralph. "alrighty then," i looked down at my apple watch. "shit. school starts in five minutes, and i have to get over to my locker, and then run across the school to first period. gotta go!" i leaped off of the tree, landing on the packed dirt.

ralph was lucky, he has his study hall as first period. i groaned as i ran. it really didn't help that i had to run across a soccer field to even get to the side doors of the school.

finally, i had made it to my locker. i grabbed my science textbook, slamming the door shut. the sound of my heavy footsteps was the only sound in the hallway as i bolted to my first period. the bell rang as i was turning down the hallway.

i flung open the door of the lab, and about twenty other eyes directed their attention to me. my face burnt as i hurried across the room to my seat.

"well, there was our excitement for the day," mr. vann said as he clicked away on his computer, pulling up the attendance. "who isn't here today?"

"lilia... and maude." someone said. lilia was always the one to tell me when we had to go to class, she was my time keeper.

i sat in class, listening to his rambling about our assignment. it had been about ten minutes before my watch vibrated, displaying a text from my mom.

i'm picking you up in about an hour. some neighbors are moving in and i would like you to meet them. you'll enjoy it.

i furrowed my brows. what? why would i be taken out of school to meet new neighbors? couldn't that wait until after i got home?

i shrugged, and pulled up my messages with ralph. i swiped my finger across the watch face, drawing out each letter. hey man, my mom is picking me up in an hour. new neighbors. idk why.

i paid attention for the rest of class, or at least i tried to. i could not keep my mind off of the new neighbors. i couldn't come up with any reason as to why my mom would take me out of school to met them, unless they were celebrities. oh my god! what if harry styles was moving in next door?

the bell finally rung, i shoved the textbook into my backpack and left to go to my locker. luckily, second period was my study hall. i decided to get a notebook to make it look like i was working, and i went to the courtyard to do my "work".

i tapped a yellow wooden pencil against the pages of the notebook, scribbling down some doodles while i waited for my mom. her one hour was almost up. as if almost on cue, she texted me. meet me in the front office.

i sprang up, racing to my locker to discard of my notebook. i met her, and she signed me out for the day.

we made it to the car. "mom, what's this about?" i asked, slinging down my backpack.

"you'll see." she simply replied.

oh, great.

a short chapter, but i hope y'all enjoyed!