"How many do you have?"

"Had, I had a lot. I was too hot for them all so I dumped them," I said as I pressed call.

"Maybe it's best if you didn't call him now," Gabriel said, reaching over to grab my phone but it was too late, the phone was already ringing and I slapped Gabriel's hand out of the way.

"You look weird with a shaved beard," I told him as I heard another voice on speaker.

"Rory?"

"Hello Kevin! Kyle, oops, how are you. My boss tells me you've been calling me non-stop, what's up?" I asked him laying back down on the bed, holding the phone above me, my arms straight like poles. The phone wasn't going to fall back down was it?

"Yeah you didn't reply to my messages so I got worried, is everything okay?"

"No I'm on drugs and my boss is watching me sleep, really weird. What are you up to?" I said as I rolled over to my side, Gabriel had an expression that I couldn't recognise on his face. 

"Uh, yeah ok sure, are you alright?"

"I broke my tooth so they had to pump me up with liquids to take it out and put back a new one, did you know it's so much whiter than my other teeth, right Gabriel?"

"How did you break your tooth?"

"Well there was a diamond ring or something in my lasagna for the fake proposal but these jerks didn't tell me, so I ate it and then broke my tooth and maybe I need to poo-wait, did you guys get the ring back?'

"Fern has it." Gabriel muttered, running a hand over this forehead, leaning back in his chair sighing loudly.

"Are you okay, do you have a headache?" I asked sitting up, "Want water? Panadol?"

"No I'm fine," I heard the voice from the phone say.

"Not you silly, my boss."

"Am I missing something here? Why is there a ring in your food, and why is your b-,"

"Yeah I tried telling you the other day but you had to rush off like you always do, can't even listen for a second. I'll tell you later but Fern hid a ring in the lasagne to make it look like a fake proposal so that way he can inherit his fortune and give me all of it cause he is selfless and also a total idiot to give me all that money."

The phone was suddenly snatched out of my hand and I stood up on the bed "Hey!" I snapped.

I tried grabbing the phone but Gabriel turned around, showing me his back as he pressed an end button on the call and placed the phone in his pocket.

"What are you doing?" I asked, what was wrong with this man.

Gabriel turned back around, "Probably best if you talked to him when you're less piped up on drugs."

I reached for Gabriel's pocket but he took a step back, "Rory, go to bed. I don't really want to babysit you."

"Well I don't need a baby sitter, if you can't tell I'm a grown up," I said crossing my hands across my chest. I didn't need someone to take the avocados out of their salad and eat it for them like someone staring at me. 

Okay sure it was handy cause I could swap them for the stupid cucumbers but it was strictly the only swap I would do. I was definitley winning, no matter what Gabriel said about the tasteless fruit that was a waste of calories, it was healthy fat.

"Get down before you fall and break something."

"Are you worried Gabriel? Ooh this is a first for your stubborn ass."

I plopped down anyways since the bed was not stable at all. I crossed my legs, staring at him as he took his seat back down on the chair, muttering something under his breathe.

"Say it louder, I dare you, I know black belt you know."

"Sure you do."

"I do, test me CEO."

"Aurora, shut the fuck up and go to bed."

"No."

I stared at him till his grey eyes looked away first, haha loser, I win.

"You not going to say anything?"

"Well I'm shutting up since you won't." 

"Oh...well that's boring. Why don't you tell me a bedtime story then?" I asked.

Gabriel stared at me for a long moment, and I wondered if that was all he was capable of. Staring and talking with minimal words, it was like he ran out of battery if he spoke in full sentences.

"Read you a story?"

There it was again, not a full sentence, it wasn't even a question. It was like he was always guarded with this big black doors in front of him, oh wait that was just his shirt.

"Yeah, or tell me a story. Tell me about our life, how did you end up in this predicament. Do you have siblings?"

"Yes."

"To which part?" I asked tilting my head, confused, what did I ask him again?

"A brother,"

"Ooh, younger or older? Is he cute or is he like you?"

"What's wrong with me?"

"You didn't answer my question."

"You have a boyfriend."

"I'm not asking for me dumbo, I'm asking for my friend! I've been trying to hook her up for ages, I would have said you but you're just like a robot, life needs to be exciting."

"I'm not a robot."

"You are, back to what I was saying, younger brother?"

"Older," He said reluctantly. 

"Ladies and gentleman I wasn't expecting that plot twist, older, how are you running the company then." 

"Because it's mine, not a hand me down. Are you done, is story time over? Can you go to bed now?" 

I could sense that he was getting irritated, and to be honest that was more emotion that he ever showed, so I complied.

"Fine, but don't stare at me all night, my beauty will fade."

I turned around, grabbing the blanket angrily and throwing it over me, knocking something off but that was okay my little slave could pick it up for me.

Insta: imsooverpolice