Chapter 3 - Maine

Start from the beginning

His mouth gaped open as his words stumbled out. "Er.....Erikah, is that you?"

"Daddy, is it Brady?" I heard a sing-song voice say from inside the house. I could only assume that was Trudie.

"Kalvin, it's a long story of how I'm alive but I am and I'm here....." I started out before I heard a squeal and a grown women was throwing her arms around me.

"Erikah!!! I thought you were dead. We thought you were dead. I can't believe you are here! How are you here!? Are you okay?" The words came rushing out of her mouth so fast I was getting deja vú.

"Trudie, I cant believe how big you have gotten" I told her, bringing her tighter into the hug.

"Girl! Trust me, I know," she giggled as she backed up to show me how swollen her belly was. I felt myself smile and my eyes start to water.

"Oh, Trudie, I have missed you. How far along are you? Who's the father?" I asked her rubbing hands over her belly feeling the baby kick. I felt joy as I realized that Trudie was going to give birth to another one of my kin and keep our line going.

"I'm due in 2 weeks, so soon, and the baby's father is Brady, he is a witch and my new husband," She told me as she flashed me her wedding ring on her left hand and smiled towards me. Now that she mentioned the baby's father was another witch, I could definity feel the energy coming off the baby.

"Erikah, it's really you," I heard Kalvin murmur behind Trudie. Honestly, I forgot he was there; Trudie was just so excited to see me. I looked towards Kalvin and could see the tears in his eyes.

"Awww, Kalvin..." I started before he took me in his arms and squeezed me tight.

"I'm so glad you are home," He whispered to me. I have never known Kalvin to be an emotional man.

"Come, let us walk you over to Alex and Jepsy, they moved into your house a few years ago when they took over running the council," Kalvin told me motioning towards my old home.

"Wait, guys this is Damon, my...,uh, friend," I told them, bringing Damon forward to them. Trudie giggled then threw her arms around Damon pulling him into a tight hug. I laughed and shook my head at her. I could see Damon awkwardly hug her back before pulling away and shaking Kalvin's hand.

"Thank you for bringing my daughter home," I heard him tell Damon.

"Kalvin!" I grumbled at him. Kalvin held up his hand in defense and gave a chuckle.

"Actually sir, she got herself home," Damon told him looking toward me and giving me his jaw dropping smirk.

'Come you guys, enough embarrassing her, let's go see Alex!" Trudie giggled before grabbing my arm and pulling me towards my old home.

After walking for what seemed like a good 15 minutes we were walking up to the field that contained the house that I built in it.
"Hmm, seems like the walk here used to be faster," I said laughing. Trudie giggled and shook her head at me.

"ALEX!" Trudie yelled and I turned my head away.

"You are still as loud as you were 8 years ago, you know that Trudie," I told her as she smiled towards me.

"Trudie, you could have just picked up your phone to call me. You didn't need to scream my name," I heard Alex's deep voice gruff out as we walked up the steps to the house.

"Oh, Alex, I have a surprise for you." Trudie giggled, I looked towards Kalvin and Damon and they both just shook their heads.

"Oh, please, I'm not helping you pick out anything else for that nursery. You have already changed the color-scheme twice," Alex responded.

"This is different," I said out loud standing on the porch. Everything stopped for a moment before I felt the rush and Alex was right in front of my face. I looked him up and down and he looked exactly the same as I left him 8 years ago.

"Erikah" His voice barely above a whisper. I smiled.

"Been a while brother," I responded as I threw my arms around him. I decided I couldn't wait for the hug this time. I missed Alex, alot. I was closer to him than any other kin that I had. He tightened his arms around me and pulled me close. "Long time no see, sister."