Prologue

She was sitting there wearing the heavy red sari embedded with jewels and gold embroidery. Adorned with shining golden jewellery which covered her chest, her beautiful hands filled with beautiful red and gold bangles, her Lotus feet decorated with the golden anklet which makes jingling sound on the slightest move, earrings which almost touch her shoulders, maang tikka hanging on her forehead which has a big red bindi, but none which could compete with the natural radiant glow her face possessed. Afterall, she was the Vaikunthavasini Vishnupriya Devi Mahalakshmi herself, who was the epitome of all the fortunes.

"It is said that a girl looks the most beautiful and prettiest on her wedding day, but you my princess looks out of the world" The dasi said while putting the long red dupatta over Rukmini's head covering her long silky hair which was held up with the help of jewels and fragrant flowers. Rukmini smiled slightly on dasi's remark. Her eyes lacked the excitement and joy. She was in despair and was anxious. Will the one she is waiting for come for her?

★★★
Thank you so much for choosing to read this story. I am absolutely not a professional writer, so I'm not promising you anything. My writing is not flawless. Nevertheless, I hope u give it a chance...😉

Photo by nidtoons( instagram)