Right after breakfast the team departed to the Quidditch field, the stands were full, the wind blew harshly as all fourteen players mounted their brooms, and kicked off hard once Madam Hooch's whistle sounded.
Dodging Bludgers, passing the Quaffle, scoring and trying to spot the Snitch, the game was a thrill. The crowd would cheer loudly every time a team scored, Kate was a few feet above and spotted something golden, fluttering between the goalposts.
"Draco, the Snitch!" She yelled over the crowd's booming while pointing towards the goalposts and dodging the Bludger that was sent by the Hufflepuff Beater. Draco immediately, flew towards the Snitch and after him followed the Hufflepuff Seeker, Cedric Diggory, but Adrian Pucey sent a Bludger in his direction and Draco caught the Snitch.

The Slytherins cheered loudly, Cassius Warrington and Graham Montague took Kate on their shoulders as they entered the Great Hall in their Quidditch robes.
"This goes to Kate!" Adrian Pucey said loudly, raising his goblet.
"Oh no, it goes to Draco. He's the one who caught the Snitch" Kate said humbly.
"Well, you helped me" said Draco to the already cheering crowd because Slytherin was now in the lead.

Hufflepuff was then up against Gryffindor, Kate chose seats near the game with her friends Arabella Hawkwood and Leticia Smith who were supporting Hufflepuff and  were uncontrollably giggly over Cedric. She was the only one in Slytherin supporting Gryffindor because after all, her best friends: the Weasley twins were playing against Hufflepuff.
Albeit all that, the conditions for Quidditch were much worse than they had been in the last few matches, it was raining heavier than ever and the players were having the most difficult of times trying to spot anything in the streaking rain. But the game came to an abrupt end when the Gryffindor player fell from sixty feet above the ground, earning loud gasps from the crowd as Kate herself stood on the edge of her seat to make out who it was because now she was worried.

She immediately rushed to the Hospital Wing to see who it was once the stands had cleared out, she reached the Hospital Wing to see that the rest of their Quidditch team had left and closed in to find out that Harry Potter who was the Gryffindor Seeker, lay in bed.
"Oh, hello, Harry" Kate greeted when she saw him shift his attention towards her.
"Er - Kate? Uh, hi, sorry but...what're you doing here?" Harry asked as he sat up.
"I just came to see how you were doing. I promise I'm not spying or anything" she added airily as she waved her hand. Her and Harry talked for a couple of minutes when his friends; Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley entered the Hospital Wing. They, too, indulged themselves in a conversation with her and then an annoyed Madam Pomfrey had asked them to leave Harry to rest.

The weather had somewhat settled after the heavy rainstorm had passed, the wind was a calming cold now. Kate enjoyed herself a steaming cup of coffee or hot chocolate each morning for breakfast, her and Harry had grown closer ever since their last encounter. It was a weekend and time for their first trip to Hogsmeade and Kate decided to stay back. Why? Well because she couldn't leave Harry alone after she had been told that his aunt and uncle hadn't signed his Hogsmeade permission form and decided to keep him company.

"Hey, loony!" Kate called out to Montague who skidded to her side, "aren't you going on a date with your girlfriend to Hogsmeade?"
"Do you mean yourself?" Montage joked, flinging his arm around Kate's shoulders as they made their way out of the dungeons.
"Mister Montague, I must say: you have a bright sense of humour" she said while pinching his nose.
"I mean unless you've already got a boyfriend", he said and Kate scoffed.
"What? Do you think I don't know the way almost every guy looks at you? Oooh or how Pretty-Boy Cedric looks at you" he wiggled his eyebrows at her.
"Nooo, shut up!" Kate said as she smacked her friend's arm who chuckled at her irritability in response.

She left his side and stalked up the stairs towards Professor Lupin's office because there seemed to be no sign of Harry or Fred and George in the Great Hall. 
She reached Lupin's classroom to find him coming out with Harry by his side.
"Oh, hello! Good timing" she chimed and the three of them exited the castle to take a stroll in the grounds.

"You and Kate seem to be very close" Kate heard Harry say, as she walked around on her own and smiled then looked at Lupin.
"Ah, yes. She is like family to me" Lupin said, Kate's face split into a grin as she walked towards them and Lupin kissed the top of her head in a fatherly manner.

They walked back to the bridge as they continued to talk, Lupin told Harry about his parents and even Kate thought how great it would have been if they were here, if they could see Harry and maybe she'd even go to the Potters' with Sirius and Remu...

They walked back to the bridge as they continued to talk, Lupin told Harry about his parents and even Kate thought how great it would have been if they were here, if they could see Harry and maybe she'd even go to the Potters' with Sirius and Remus and they would have had a good time but sadly, there was no Harry's parents and no Sirius.

Around five o'clock, all the students returned from Hogsmeade. Kate headed back to the Great Hall for dinner and spotted Fred and George, with a dark skinned boy, talking to a girl with the same red hair, who was probably their younger sister.
"There you are, I've been looking all over for you both" she told the wins and continued, "hello, you must be Ginny" while addressing the twelve year old girl.
"Yes, I am and you must be the infamous Kate" she smiled.
"That's me'" Kate replied and a while later Ginny left. Kate stood with Fred and George who introduced her to their very close friend, Lee Jordan.

After a while of talking, her eyes swivelled towards the door and in came Draco with Montague, she walked up to the duo and sat down at the Slytherin table for the Halloween feast.
"Oh damn! Kate, I forgot to get your sweets" said Draco apologetically.
"My what?" Kate asked.
"Sweets? Christmas present?" Draco said while looking at her knowingly.
"-Draco, no, it's completely fine." Kate said reassuringly while shaking her head at him

Christmas was almost closing in, the castle grounds were covered in snow as the corridors got chillier and darker because of the snow-covered window panes. Another trip, a last trip was arranged to Hogsmeade before the students would start leaving for Christmas holidays.