ᴇɪɢʜᴛ- 𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚜

Почніть із самого початку

Daryl's eyes met mine before he let out a deep sigh and mumbling a quiet, "yeah."

He stood up and we made our way through the halls. Conveniently, Jenner nearly ran into us from around the corner.

"Dixon's." He nodded. He was about to walk around us until Daryl spoke up.

"Hey, Doc, could you take a look at Ellie for a sec?"

Jenner's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What for?"

My brother looked to me, waiting for me to explain and I let out a deep sigh, only to wince and wrap my hand around my side.

"I fell down a flight of stairs a few days ago and bruised my ribs real bad. My face ain't much of a sight either." I said with discomfort practically written on my face.
Doc eyed it for a sec, agreeing. His eyes flickered over to my brother and I understood. "It want anyone from the group, the guy that did it—he's gone now."

Jenner nodded in understanding before nodding his head to the side as an indication for us to follow him.

"Have you been coughing, or breathing properly?" Jenner asked as we walked through the hallway.

"Uhm...not really." I responded to both with one question. I haven't felt the need to cough, and I sure as hell haven't been breathing right. Anytime I breathed correctly it felt like bruise was just getting worse.

"You might want to start," He said as he looked back towards me while still walking. "Coughing will clear any mucus that forms so you don't get an infection, and breathing will actually help the bruise heal. Even if it feel like it's not helping, it is."

Well that's just great. Good to know I was still stupid. I nodded my head and he turned his head back to face forward before turning into a room that reminded me of the nurses office back in school but nicer.

"Sit right there." Jenner gestured towards the checkup bed.

I did as I was told and Daryl walked over to stand beside me. Jenner grabbed a stethoscope that was hanging along before digging through a cabinet full of white and orange bottles.

"How bad would you say your pain is on a scale of one to ten?" He asked as he looked towards me.

"Probably like a seven or eight." I shrugged with a nod.

Jenner turned back to the cabinet to find what he was looking for. When I looked to Daryl he was already scowling at me.

"If it hurt that bad why didn't ya say anything?" He glare with his arms over his chest.

I placed a hand on my forehead in annoyance. "I told you already, more important shit was happening." I groaned.

"Watch yer mouth." Daryl hissed causing me to roll my eyes. He only ever told me to watch my mouth when we were arguing or if he was mad at me.

"Watch your mouth." I mocked in a low pitched voice as I turned to look ahead of me. I felt his hands hit the back of my head causing my head to snap over to him while my hand reached up for my still sore scalp. "Ow! Asshole!" I exclaimed before rubbing scalp soothingly.

Jenner finally turned around with a big bottle of pills in his hand looking a little awkward due to our fighting.

"You sure he didn't push you down?" Jenner joked as he read the label on the bottle one last time. Daryl didn't find it amusing, but I did. A snort sounded from me causing another slap to be sent to my had.

"Okay—you're the reason I'm gonna go bald!" I growled as I glared towards him, only to see him trying to hide a smile.

Picking on me had always been his favorite extra curricular activity, especially when I was younger.