Girl Talk(?) Pt. 2 [A Pokerfaced Romantic...]

Start from the beginning

"So it's Hirata-kun. Who would've thought huh?"

Hirata was also wearing casual clothes that complemented his looks quite well. Although in my opinion, Ayanokouji looked better, Hirata was definitely a close second. Both could be considered top tier in looks as even speculations about the two of them being the 'twin jewels' of class D spread among the girls at the beginning of our 1st year.

"You know, the more I look at them side-by-side like this, the more I wish Karuizawa-san would get her hair shaved off and go explode..."

"... I completely understand."

"!!??"

Comments full of envy that were oozing with danger were said with such nonchalance that Karuizawa shivered a bit before quickly turning with the alertness of a gazel being stalked by predators.

"H-huh? Why?!"

The statements came from non other than Sato and Shinohara who had eyes that didn't match their smiles. They were looking at Karuizawa with empty eyes that seemed to say,
'She deserves divine retribution... this unfairly lucky girl...'
'Yes, she needs to go burn..'

"Umm.. you guys are scaring me..."

"M-maybe we should just leave them alone for a bit?"

"But I feel like I'm in grave danger, you know?... what would happen if I leave myself open I wonder?"

Without noticing, Karuizawa, and even I began stuttering with fear while trying to come up with a solutions to bring back Sato and Shinohara to sanity. It felt like they could attack her at any moment.

"A-anyways why do you think they're meeting up? Maybe it has something to do with the class?"

"Yeah! What if it's something important once we get back from holidays?"

Trying to change the topic, Karuizawa brought up a question that should have returned them to normal, while I followed along. It seems it worked as they came back to their senses.

"Actually, now that I think about it, those two never really seemed especially close while in class."

"Oh, but there was that time where Hirata said something like 'I think the most reliable person in this class is Ayanokouji' right?"

As expected, praise that was conveyed strongly by Hirata of all people wouldn't go unnoticed, no matter how long ago it was.

"You know, I'd expect their relationship to be somewhat strained thanks to Karuizawa-san, but it doesn't seem that way at all."

"Taking a closer look at it, yeah you're right Matsushita-san..."

The scene before our eyes was that of Ayanokouji and Hirata conversing as if they were good friends, so it wasn't strange for the question to be asked. Normally, one would expect atleast some tension between the 'current boyfriend' and 'former boyfriend'. Just then it seems Hirata noticed our presence as he waved and pointed towards us like he wanted Ayanokouji to go with him.

"Looks like they spotted us."

We waved back to confirm that we also saw him. It was at that time that they both made their way to our table with Hirata taking the lead. I was observing both Ayanokouji and Karuizawa's actions to look for anything suspicious, but there was barely anything there. All I noticed was that they made eye contact, to which Ayanokouji nodded his head, almost as if they were communicating through their eyes.

"Hey guys, it's quite the coincidence meeting you here."

"Yeah, we know right?"

They both took their seats with Hirata sitting on a seat near Sato and Ayanokouji next to a Karuizawa who suddenly became flustered.