Kaito's Intro

Kaito's POV

My entire life, I've always wanted to be an astronaut.

I mean, you only get one shot at life, right? With that in mind, you've gotta use this time to see how far you can go. To shoot for the stars, and beyond! Reaching to what lies ahead, and discovering countless worlds beyond our own, that's what it means to be the Luminary of the Stars!

But, there's more to explore than just space. People are probably more of a mystery, in a way.

Like Maki.

She and I are classmates. I haven't spent a lot of time with her, but even so, I feel drawn to her.

She's not very out-there, and she prefers to keep to herself. Maybe it's none of my business, but sometimes I get the feeling that there's something deep that's weighing down on her. Something... hidden from the naked eye. Mysterious is probably the best way to describe it.

Is that why I'm so drawn to her? Because of how little I know about her? How quiet and secretive she is?

No, it's more than just that.

It's a feeling I can't really put into words.

I want to be her friend. No, more than just a friend. I want to be someone who she can confide in, and talk to. I want to be there to help make her stronger, to help us become better together. I want to have a positive impact on her life, and be someone who she cares for.

But it's not that she's another mystery to unmask, she's way more than that.

So then, why *do* I want to get close to her?

Why is someone I barely know so important to me?

I don't know why, and that's what frustrates me.

The uncertainty, feeling so complicated and conflicted, it's all so frustrating.

It's like a light clicks on every time I'm around her. It's a warm, comforting light with a soft glow. One I could savor forever.

Like the light of the moon.

I'm sure that soon enough, I'll get closer to Maki. I'll become someone she can rely on, even if she doesn't need it. As the Luminary of the Stars, I'll work hard to help us both improve. Who knows, maybe it'll even answer some of my questions.

What is she thinking? How is she feeling? Does she need cheering up?

What am I thinking? Why am I drawn to her like this?

Why does my heart beat so fast around her?

Why am I so happy around her?

Why do I care so much?

How am I supposed to describe...

...This feeling?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word count: 412