When I emerged from the shower I felt better. I might have been tired before but I just felt rejuvenated. I felt like going to the abandoned building now and tackle my attacker problem. I ruffled my hair with a towel, removing most of the moisture and then got dressed in dark jeans and a blue t-shirt. My other clothes had traces of whatever was in that jar on them.

I walked by Max White’s room and noticed he wasn’t there. Going downstairs confirmed my suspicion that he had left the house. I found Erik; he was watching some TV show. Liz was nowhere to be seen.

“Where’s your father?” I asked.

Erik shrugged, his eyes glued to the screen. “He gave me some vague information about looking into something that’s not making sense.” He didn’t seem to be paying much attention to the TV show. His foot was tapping; he kept shifting on the couch, unable to sit still.

“What’s up with you?” I asked taking a seat beside him on the couch.

“I haven’t killed anything in a while,” he replied. “I have a little more energy than I’m used to. Back in the good old days, we used to go hunting supernatural creatures weekly, if not more.”

I laughed. “I know what you mean.”

Erik turned off the TV and then sat up straighter. “I think we should go find something to kill,” he proposed.

“I would, but currently all I can focus on is getting my attacker. She’s the only one I want to kill,” I answered.

Erik frowned but he wasn’t giving up so easily. “Let me guess, you just keep thinking about that abandoned building?” he inquired. I nodded. “Well what if we check that out now, then go hunting.” He grinned. “The way I see it, it’s a win-win situation.”

“But I thought we were waiting until tomorrow and going with your father as well,” I sighed. At first I was all for it before logical sense kicked in.

“Let’s be real. What do you expect to find in that building? She wouldn’t just be biding her time there until she gets the chance and the will to kill you. At most we’ll get some clues and then that’ll lead us to her. We’ll devise some kind of plan and we’ll get her. But I don’t think that we should be expecting trouble tonight.” He smiled. “So what do you say?” I nodded. “Let’s go.”

“You guys are idiots. You can’t be actually considering this,” Liz argued. Erik and I said nothing. Maybe if we ignore her she’ll go away? I got up and grabbed my black leather coat, slipping it on over my t-shirt. “Fine, if you two idiots insist on doing this then I’m coming with you.”

“No you’re not,” I disagreed. “We didn’t let you come with us this morning, when there was a smaller element of danger; you’re definitely not coming with us now.”

Liz looked back and forth between us before crossing her arms. “I don’t want to be cooped up in this house anymore. Just take me with you. I can stay in the car, be a get-away vehicle in case of trouble.” I sighed and started walking away. “If you don’t take me with you then I’m going to follow you.”

Erik raised an eyebrow at her. “And enlighten us, how are you going to do that? We’re taking the last remaining car. So unless you’re planning on taking public transportation or jumping into a cab and yelling: follow that car, you’re not following us.”

I failed at containing my laughter and Liz glared at me. “Well if you don’t take me along then I’ll call up your father and tell him what you two are up to.”

Erik and I froze, both silently weighing the decision. “Welcome to the team,” Erik said. She smiled and then turned to me as if daring me to dispute this. I just opened the door and let her walk out first.

When we pulled up in front of the building and parked in the nearest available space we got out of the car and Liz took the driver’s seat.

“Stay in the car,” I ordered.

Liz nodded. “Yeah, yeah,” she said, “get going.” She gestured in the direction of the building and Erik and I pulled out knives. There were no people on the streets at this late hour so we were confident that we wouldn’t be seen.

Erik picked the lock and slowly opened the door allowing us enough room to slip in. The room was absolutely quiet. I got my flashlight on and soon a beam of light was illuminating the room a bit. Erik turned his flashlight on and then we started to look around.

The room looked the same as it did last time I was here. Well almost. I could see a spot where a box was left on a table as the dust underneath was disturbed. The store owner looked to be telling the truth about his delivery.

There was a sound and Erik and I turned towards it, only to see Liz standing near the doorway with her hands up and a sheepish smile on her face.

That was the last thing was saw because the door slammed shut and our flashlights shut off. All of a sudden I felt tired and my eyelids drifted shut, some kind of magic was affecting me. The last thing I heard was a feminine laugh.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Uh Oh...What's going to happen now? Probably not good stuff. nope, not at all.

I don't usually have cliffhangers. But i felt one was needed for this chapter because i couldnt add anymore. what's came next had to be in the next chapter. i have the story all planned out, well mostly planned out. there's room to change things if i feel like it but at the moment there's like 7 chapters left. Seven chapters and this story over. Then i get to go over and edit it, and add stuff.

I felt i should mention that but i'll talk about it more when the story is closer to being finished. i hoped you enjoyed this chapter. i'm kinda procrastinating from studying for my final exams. in the long run that's not good...but at the moment, i just don't care. i still have time...I'll just have to make the most of it...not looking forward to it.