"Thank you Pierre..."

🏐・゚゚・。.

"What?" Haru raises an eyebrow when she looks at you. "You're going to tell your parents you want to take supplementary classes? Is this because of--"

Your face scrunches when you anticipate Haru saying Akaashi's name. "Are you going to do everything they ask of you? Would you jump off a cliff if they asked?" Haru is especially angry today. She doesn't hold back her tongue. The two of you are on the rooftop before homeroom. She texted you the night before to meet her up here but you didn't expect to be lectured by her.

"No. I'm not that stupid. It's just...I need the distraction." You speak softly, staring out towards the school entrance. Your eyes spot a familiar messy black hair student walking past the school gates. Your body tenses when you see Akaashi. A frown etches onto your face and you turn your back against the fence. Haru turns her gaze down to the school entrance, spotting the person that's made you tense.

"Y/N." Haru reaches for your hand, giving it a slight squeeze. "Akaashi, broke up with you didn't he? That's the only logical reason you're trying to distract yourself."

Your words are stuck in your throat and you feel the prickling of tears in the corner of your eyes.

Now that you've "broken up" is it alright to fess up to Haru that everything was a lie?

It's not like Akaashi will show himself around you anymore. He wanted to keep a distance between the two.

"Haru listen--" Your words are drained out when the rooftop door swings open. Zico slouches over, his hands on his knees as he heavily pants. "H-Have you guys looked at the school forums? The setter challenge is deleted."

Haru pulls her phone out of her skirt pocket and opens up a web browser with the school forums. "Zico's right. The original post of the setter challenge is gone." Haru sorts the posts by date frequency and the thread is no longer there. "Do you think the person who set the challenge felt bad for Akaashi?" Zico walks over to the two of you.

"It was Bokuto." You murmur, catching their attention. "He was the one who made up the challenge."

"I should've known!" Zico exclaims, ruffling his hair. "That makes total sense! Why did no one else know? Do you think Akaashi knows?" Zico ponders on the thought, tapping a finger to his chin. "Who cares about him. He broke up with Y/N." Haru grumbles, sliding her phone back into her skirt pocket. "S-So he really did?" Zico stammers, turning his eyes over to you. You answer with a weak nod, parting your lips slightly.

"There's something I need to tell you two." You nervously eye the two, inhaling deeply.

"WAIT. WAIT. WAIT." Zico raises a hand in front of your mouth, squeezing his eyes shut. "I don't know if I want to hear it." Haru furrows her brows together, pushing Zico's hand away from you. "Walk away then if you don't want to hear."

Zico narrows his eyes on Haru, glaring at her. "I'm too nosy for that." The two drop their glares at one another to look back at you. Lowering your eyes, you feel a tight pain in your chest. "Keiji and I..." The thought of him makes you weak. Digging your nails into your palm, you push through. "We were faking the entire time. I was never really his girlfriend." You shut your eyes closed, blurting out the lie you've kept from your two best friends for the past three months.

A silence looms between the three of you. "I didn't want to hide this from you guys but..."

"The less people to know, the better." Haru finishes your sentence for you. Her arms wrap around your neck and she pulls you into a tight hug. "But why did he end things Y/N?"

Feeling Haru's warmth makes your defenses fall. Zico watches your face scrunch and the corner of your eyes tear up. Gripping onto Haru's shirt, your lips begin to tremble as you speak. "He couldn't handle lying anymore. But I know that's not true." Frustration builds up in your chest and you start to speak louder. "How can he be so selfish?"

Haru doesn't understand Y/N's last sentence, she pulls away to look at her tear stained face. "Selfish?" Zico asks with furrowed brows.

"He made one rule." You raise a single finger, sniffling. "If one of us fell for the other, things will end. But that fucking idiot wouldn't admit to his feelings!" You yell out to no one specific. You cover your face with your hands, squatting down. Your chest heaves in and out from your hard crying. "Keiji you fucking idiot!" You scream out into your palms.

Your shoulders begin to shake profusely. "You idiot...I like you too." You weakly cry out your last sentence. The sinking feeling of your heart hits you hard. Your mind swirls into a mess of anger and sadness. Haru and Zico glance at each other, unsure what they possibly can do for Y/N. They worry that she'll hole herself up again like she had when Zico broke her heart.

"Y/N, should I call Pierre? Staying at home might be the best thing for you right now." Haru speaks gently when she crouches down in front of you. "I can't. I haven't told Pierre anything either. I don't want him to see me like this." Your words are muffled into your palms. "My parents are home right now too. They'd give me an earful if I come home now." Wiping away your tears, you force yourself to stand up. "I'm going to the bathroom before homeroom. Sorry Haru, Zico."

You walk past the two, opening the rooftop door and hurrying down the stairs. Your vision is a blur as you try to stop the tears from trickling down your face. Call it luck or not but you bump into the very person you're crying over. You falter back, raising your head to apologize when the words stop in your throat.

Akaashi freezes when he sees Y/N's redden face and swollen eyes. He clenches his teeth when he sees a tear fall. Anxiety litters your palms and you clench your hands into fists to rid of the feeling. Not apologizing, you step to the side and walk past him. Your lips turn into a deep frown, your chest tightening and breathing seems challenging for you.

You curse yourself when you feel your heart waver for him. Ignoring Akaashi will be a difficult challenge.

A challenge you have to accept.