You nervously look at Akaashi, feeling anxiety that he'll decline your candy apple. He stares at it for a moment before reaching for it. A smile forms on your face when you see Akaashi bite into the candy apple.

"Let's see...where should we watch the fireworks at." Konoha eyes the area around him. "Why not the school rooftop?" Zico suggests the idea and Konoha widens his eyes, completely forgetting that's a place they can get to. "You're so smart Zico!" Konoha hypes Zico up, giving Zico more confidence that he doesn't need.

The rooftop...that's where everything started and where things will end.

This seems very poetic, Akaashi thought.

"Let's go Akaashi!" Bokuto calls out to him, the others are already walking further ahead. He takes a look at the candy apple Y/N's given him. He sees his reflection in the crystalized sugar, a look of sadness looms in his eyes. Looking forward, he hurries to the rooftop with the others.

🏐・゚゚・。.

The moment you step out onto the rooftop; you're captivated by the beautiful stall lights from this height. Each stall looks like an orb of light. You step away from the others to gather your emotions. Bokuto's words weigh heavily on your mind. If Akaashi's feelings are wavering, it would make total sense to his odd behavior today.

He's most likely distancing himself on purpose to avoid you and to save his own feelings.

What about your feelings?

Akaashi is selfishly thinking about himself.

Does he not notice that maybe your feelings wavered for him too?

The thought of love gives you anxiety and you hesitate to completely give in to it. Akaashi himself seems to do everything in his power to not let his feelings deepen. Ugh, all these thoughts annoy you.

Did he like you or not? Did you like him or not?

Or are you two blindly thinking your lies are acts of truth.

Maybe the two of you have grown delusional when you kept up this fake couple act.

Your heart aches at the thought.

No...there's no way you've gone delusional. Your emotions are real.

So your feelings for Akaashi are--

"Y/N." A voice calls out to you, pulling you out of your thoughts. You turn to look at the owner of the voice. Akaashi stands in front of you with a distant expression. There's no trace of emotion in his eyes. "We need to talk."