Chapter 1

This is a culmination of me having read so many ROTG stories over the years. Some of this has mentions to the books, but I haven't read any of them yet.

-----------

It was a month after Pitch's defeat when Jack thought about bring up his memories to Tooth. You see, he still hadn't regained most of his mortal memories. Only snapshots and the one about his death. So, started his journey to the Tooth palace. Problem was, right as he approached the palace, the Northern Lights started illuminating the sky. He sighed and quickly rushed past the mini fairies and past Tooth, quickly telling her to look at the sky.

When Jack flew into the Pole, he noticed Sandy and Bunny waiting in the globe room. North was pacing back and forth in thought. Jack flew down and landed near Bunny.

"Any idea why we were called?" Jack asked the giant version of the Easter Bunny.

"None," Bunny replied, "Only idea that I have is that we have to plan ahead for whenever Pitch strikes next."

Before Jack could ask about Pitch returning, Tooth flew in and North stopped pacing. The Cossack turned and faced the other four.

"North, what's going on?" Tooth asked, concern clear in her eyes, wondering if Pitch had returned already.

"Man in Moon has told me to call meeting," North told them. "I am worried about what he wants."

A calm, deep voice startled them all, especially Jack, "do not fear," the calm voice told them. "I have called you all here because I know Jack was going to ask Toothiana about his memories."

Jack and Tooth both looked confused. Jack at why Manny was bringing this up. Tooth at the fact that Jack was going to ask her about his memories, as he should already have them after what happened on Easter.

"Didn't Frostbite already get his memories back?" Bunny asked.

"Jack," Manny addressed the youngest member of the Guardians, "why don't you ask what you ask Tooth your questions?"

Jack raided an eyebrow before turning towards Tooth, "I was just going to ask if there is any way I can get anymore of my memories? I-" Jack stopped himself for a moment, looking down at his feet now. "I only saw quick images and I don't fully understand them. A-and I just want to know."

"Sweet Tooth," Tooth quickly pulled Jack into an embrace, not noticing how tense the young spirit had gotten. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I was going to, but then the meeting happened."

"I still don't understand," Bunny spoke up what does Frostbite's question have to do with all of this?"

"I don't feel like you fully understand Jack quite yet, so I have gathered you all here to view his past."

The other Guardians turned to look at Jack who glanced at the moon and sighed, "you're going to do it either way, right? No matter if I agree or not?"

"That is correct."

"Fine," Jack groaned out.

"Alright. Now, this may hurt your eyes a bit, so close them for a couple seconds."

With that, the Guardians closed their eyes. The next thing that happened was strange, they felt like they were floating for a second before falling onto a hard-wooden floor. They opened their eyes and glanced around. It appeared they were in a small cabin. If they looked outside, they would spot a trail leading towards a colonial coal mining town.

Sandy had a question mark above his head. Jack glanced over at him before continuing to look around. Then, something clicked in his mind.

"Home..." Jack quietly trailed off.