𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊

Start from the beginning

Turning his back to the stove, he heard Genevieve placing the food into her backpack amongst her other belongings. Jumping up onto a breakfast stool, she held the mug in her hands just as her father placed her plate in front of her.

"So yer exci'e' to go back?" Stephen asked his daughter. Genevieve shrugging.

"Aye an' nae. I didnae like leavin' ye for so lon'." She admitted to him. He had insisted multiple times to the soon-to-be teenager that he would be fine and as long as she wrote to him he was happy she was happy. "Bu' I'm exci'e' to see ma frien's again." She added.

Stephen nodded. "Aye it were nice to see 'em again. Shame Peter couldnae visi'." He replied.

"Yer've nae'r me' Pete have ye, Da?" Stephen shook his head. "I'll try an' see if I can introduce him to ye on de platform." He smiled watching his daughter rip apart her bacon with her hands.

He shook his head. "Muc." She didn't deny it nodding her head vigorously. He chuckled, kissing her head as he went to make her another hot chocolate. He smiled sadly as he glanced over his shoulder.

His little girl was growing up far too quickly for his liking.

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

Pushing the trolley in front of her, Genevieve and Stephen made their way to Platforms 9 and 10. Genevieve sighed the familiar feeling of relief washing over her, knowing she'd be going back soon. Turning to her father, she asked for the time. The train would be leaving in forty minutes.

Preparing herself, Genevieve gripped the trolley bar tightly. Stephen rested his hand on her shoulder before the duo ran towards the wall. Neither were used to not feeling the impact of the brick wall.

Stephen watched as his child's face beamed into a huge grin at the sight of the Hogwarts Express. Genevieve began craning her neck in search of her friends. Stephen was lucky he was tall enough, quickly finding James and Remus in the small crowd. He pointed them out to his daughter watching her grin change for mischief. Leaving her trunk behind, she ran directly towards them.

James Potter felt the sudden impact of a body against his, sending him flying to the floor. He had realised who it was after catching a flurry of red hair. He smiled as Genevieve climbed off his body, holding her hand out for him to help.

"Di' ye miss me?" She asked him with a smirk. He laughed hugging her tightly, slightly picking her up. He'd grown a lot over the summer.

"Who couldn't miss you Gen?" He asked her swaying from side to side before placing her feet on the floor.

Genevieve quickly moved her eyes to Remus jumping into another hug. Remus smiled, holding his friend tight. "Nice to see you too Gen." She pulled away smiling. "Hello Mr Lowry." Stephen had caught up to his daughter finally. "Thank you again for letting us stay during the summer."

"Anytime laddie an' I've alrea'y tol' ye call me Stephen." He insisted waving off his thanks. Remus smiled at him finally letting go of Genevieve.

"Have ye seen Siri or Pete?" She asked them. James nodded pointing into the distance.

"Sirius is over there and he doesn't look happy." He explained. Genevieve smirked tapping James.

"Do a favour. Ge' him o'er 'ere for us please Jamie." She said. Nodding his head James let out a sharp whistle in the direction of Sirius.

Tilting his head like a confused dog, Sirius looked to James. He beckoned the boy over and Genevieve watched as Sirius crept around his parents trying to leave inconspicuously. They didn't seem to be paying attention to him anyway, solely focussing on the youngest of the brothers.