Classes and Howlers

It was our first day of classes and we were all in greenhouse three for our first class of the day Herbology. This was one of my favourite classes since I did well in it. I was between Draco and Sofie and right in front of us was Saint Potter, Weasley and Granger.

"Good morning, everyone." professor Sprout shouts.

"Good Morning Professor sprout." We all chanted.

"Welcome to Greenhouse three second years. Today we will be repotting mandrakes, now who can tell me the properties of the mandrake root?" She said and both me and Granger lifted up our hands. 

Professor Sprout pointed to Granger who said "Mandrake or Mandragora is used to return those who were petrified to their original state." then she pointed to me and I said, " It is also quite dangerous the Mandrakes cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."

"Excellent, 10 points to Gryffindor and Slytherin," she said.

"Nice work love" Draco whispered in my ear and I blushed a bit.

"Now since our Mandrakes are only seedlings they won't kill you but will knock you out for several hours that's why I gave each and every one of you a pair of earmuffs so put them on," Sprout said and we put the earmuffs on. "Now watch me carefully. You grasp the mandrake firmly and then you pull it sharply out of the pot" she said whilst demonstrating. When she pulled it out of the pot I could hear a faint cry of a mandrake but it was annoying so everyone started to press the earmuffs against their ears. "Now you place it into the pot and you sprinkle a little bit of soil to keep it warm." She said then we hear a loud thud to see that Longbottom has passed out. "Looks like Longbottom has been neglecting his earmuffs"

"No mam' he's just fainted," Finnegan said.

"Very well leave him there, now you try it," she said.

We all grasped our mandrakes and pulled them up and about 20 loud cries filled the greenhouse. I looked over to Draco to see his finger in the mandrakes mouth, I laughed a bit seeing him struggle to get his finger out of its mouth then finally he got it out. we then all repotted our mandrakes and continued our lesson.

---Defense against the Dark Arts (DADA)---

We were all sitting in the DADA class. I paired up with Draco then Lockhart came down from the stairs and stairs and said "Let me introduce you to your new defence against the dark arts teacher me, Gilderoy Lockhart: Order of Merlin, Third class, honorary member of the dark force defence league and five times winner of witch weekly's most charming smile award. But I don't talk about that, I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at it." 

"Sure he didn't," I said sarcastically and Draco smirked a little.

"Now I thought today we will start today with a little quiz," he said handing out the papers.

I scanned the paper and it had about 30 questions about him. I started writing down the answers as sarcastically as I could.

After we gave him the papers he read through them all and said "tut tut hardly anyone of you remembered my favourite colour is lilac and Ms Villin said that my secret ambition is that I want to solve everyone's problems with my hair products." all of the boys snickered at this except for the girls who gave me an angry look. It's not my fault I think that he is a complete git. "However Ms Granger did remember that its to get rid of the worlds evil and have my own collection of hairbrushes," he said and she was swooning at him.

"Now beware, my job is to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind, you might be facing your greatest fears in this room. Now I must not ask you to scream it might provoke them," he said revealing a cage of Cornish pixies. "Anyone knows what they are?"

I and Granger lifted our hands but he pointed his finger at me "They are Cornish pixies and prone to mischief and mayh-"

"And mayhem very good Ms Villin but obviously I knew that," he said smiling.

"Then tell us more about them," Crabbe said from behind me.

"Well...their voices can be heard by anyone and they lay eggs," he said.

"Actually... their shrill voices are only intelligible to other pixies. They bear live young." I said correcting him.

"That's what I meant," he said.

"You said the exact opposite," Draco told him.

"Silence, please. Now let's see what you make of them," he said and with that, he opened the cage letting out about 40 pixies out of the cage.

Everyone was panicking then I feel a hand gripping my wrist and leading me out of the classroom. When we exit the chaotic room I realize that it was Draco. 

"Thanks, I'm dreading going in there again for the next lesson," I said.

"Don't worry I'll be there to save you like this time" he said winking at me then I kissed his cheek and headed down to the great hall for lunch.

We were now all in the great hall eating a bit when an owl came in and flew over the Gryffindor table and left Weasley a letter.

"Look everyone Weasley got himself a howler" Finnegan shouted in amusement and the entire Slytherin table laughed at Weasley. Then he opened the howler and it shouted "RONALD WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAT I'M ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED AND IT ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT. YOUR FATHERS NOW FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK AND ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT. IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE WILL BRING YOU STRAIGHT HOME! Oh, and Ginny dear congratulations on making Gryffindor me and your father are so proud" then it ripped itself to pieces.

The whole Slytherin table roared in laughter.