Chapter One: Pyrite

Start from the beginning

Their first child was a girl, Angelica Pyrite. Cassius, although surprised that his hopes were wrong, fell in love with his daughter and the thought of being a parent. Aurelie was more than elated that she had a daughter who would undoubtedly follow her mother's path and become a talented, kind witch at Beauxbatons. Aurelie assured her husband and her judgmental in-laws that the next child born to the family would be a boy.

The next child was not a boy.

In fact, after Angelica, Cassius and Aurelie tried to no avail to produce a male heir. Getting pregnant was difficult for the couple, and apparently, so was having a boy. Soon, the couple had five daughters between the ages of nineteen and two: Angelica, Valeria, Diana, Cordelia, and Rosalind. The eldest Pyrite daughter, Angelica, already lost her maiden name after a marriage to Christopher Nott. Aurelie found out she was pregnant a sixth time, and her husband and in-laws prayed for that boy to carry on the name.

Juliette Pyrite was born January 1st, 1960. Aurelie nearly died during the birth, and this scare caused the mutual consensus that Cassius and Aurelie were done having children. Cassius loved his wife too much to risk her for a male heir.

When Cassius told his parents their sixth grandchild was another girl, they were furious. They insisted Cassius divorce and remarry a young bride who might produce male heirs. Cassius denied, in disgust towards his parents. Only a few weeks after the shock that the Pyrite name would end, Cassius' parents passed away due to familial disappointment with a touch of Dragon Pox.

Cassius Pyrite would be the last of this powerful family to carry the Pyrite name.

The six daughters never even resembled their father's ancestors. All of the girls were stunning, with blonde hair and sea blue eyes. They were petite like their mother and constantly wore comforting smiles. As planned, all six daughters attended Beauxbatons, and excelled in their studies, particularly in Charms and Divination. The Pyrite daughters were well known throughout all pure-blood families for their beauty and coy intellect. Cassius and Aurelie could not be prouder of their six girls. It was not long before pure-blooded suitors started knocking on the door to meet the remaining girls from this impressive family.

Slowly, the house of eight started to dwindle. Angelica moved away and started her family with Christopher. Valeria did the same with Augustus Burke, and a couple years later, Diana married Augustus' brother, Thomas. Cordelia tried to stay and help raise her younger sisters with her parents, but on her twentieth birthday, Evan Rosier asked for her hand. Everyone always thought the marriage seemed forced, but Cordelia's best friend and Evan's cousin, Bellatrix Lestrange, convinced the girl to accept. Even Cassius impressed that she would be a fool to decline a proposal from a man of his purity. Only Rosalind and Juliette remained.

Juliette and Rosalind, or 'Rose,' became the closest of all the sisters. Three years separated the pair, but most could have sworn they were twins. Both girls were bubbly and mischievous, their antics accounting for many of the grey hairs on their parents' heads. Until Rose's graduation from Beauxbatons, the sisters were inseparable. But in June, shortly after Rose's eighteenth birthday, she told her fifteen-year-old sister she would be leaving home. Rosalind Pyrite was next to lose her family name. She was engaged to Nicholas Malfoy and would soon be the next Pyrite bride.

Juliette would be the last Pyrite daughter in the house, and she was not taking it well. 

<<>><<>><<>>

A/N:

WELCOME. 

I did not intend to publish this story just yet, but I can't keep secrets. I also got too excited about it to keep it hidden any longer. 

Clearly, this is more of a prologue than anything, but I just had to start publishing something! I hope you enjoyed and are looking forward to following the story of Juliette Pyrite- portrayed by Lili Reinhart.

This is my second Sirius Black fanfic, and I am going to do my best to make it leaps and bounds better than Breaking Black (which is still my favorite). So I've learned from that book, and I'm changing everything I didn't like about my writing there!

Please let me know your initial thoughts! Are we excited? Are we hating it? Do you have any idea what kind of crazy plot twists I am going to throw at you throughout this book (no, you don't)? Let me know what's running through your mind!

As some of you may know, I update Back in Black on Tuesdays. That will still happen as planned. This book, it's a little more hazy. It is completely unrelated that I posted this first chapter on a Tuesday, that's only because I couldn't wait another minute, my heart was screaming for me to post. How do we feel about Friday updates? And unfortunately, I don't know if I will be able to keep a rigid weekly update at first, but I will certainly try with this book!

Please comment, vote, share with your friends that I'm working on something spectacular! 

Love, 

Bri

Started: October 20, 2020