What's real and what's fake?

Start from the beginning

Is she acting nervous or is she really nervous?

Akaashi couldn't define what is real and what isn't.

The words catch in his throat, Akaashi's never really complimented anyone before. He usually says good job or nice catch during volleyball but that's a different kind of complimenting. The others awkwardly stare at the couple.

"Should we head to the burger joint?" Zico clears his throat, pulling the conversation away to not make it a further awkward silence. Bokuto nods his head, grinning. "It's one of our favorite places to go to after practice. I hope it's not too packed at this hour."

"Idiot, it's a Saturday afternoon. They're going to be busy." Konoha scoffs, walking beside Bokuto. Haru and Zico shuffle away from your side to follow behind the two. You're left alone with Akaashi.

He extends his hand out to you, "You look beautiful today Y/N." His voice a soft whisper amongst the bustling sound of Tokyo. Timidly, you take his hand.

This is just part of the act, right?

Truth and lies intermingle between the two of you and it's hard to decipher it all. Feeling the warmth from Akaashi's hand reminds you how real things are right now.

"Thank you." You sheepishly respond back to him, neither of you looking at one another as you walk hand in hand behind your friends. An uncomfortable silence forms between the two of you like usual.

"I've been busy with practice the last few days so I'm sorry for not texting you often." Akaashi speaks up. He bites his inner cheek, feeling nervous for initiating the conversation first. "It's okay. I've been trying to get ahead with my assignments. My parents are adamant about enrolling me into supplement classes after school and that thought alone just makes me exhausted."

Akaashi silently listens to her. He didn't know much about Y/N.

Is she a studious person?

She didn't appear to be. "Do you like studying?" He asks her. You glance over to Akaashi, wondering if he's curious about you. He gets nothing out of it if he learns about you though. So maybe he's being considerate to keep the conversation going?

Shaking your head, you wear a small smile. Gently squeezing Akaashi's hand, you exhale. "Not really. I'd much prefer to do nothing than to study. But I care about my parents opinion of me to a high extent so...I usually give in to their requests. I wanted to have this rebellious phase against them this year but, I can't muster the courage to even do that."

Learning this side of Y/N opens a new door to Akaashi. He's only really seen her fumble around apologizing or seriously focused on being competitive. So even she had her own issues that she didn't know how to deal with. "Being my fake girlfriend is pretty rebellious." Akaashi keeps his voice to a soft murmur, whispering into her ear.