Hilarious Class

Today I had social studies with Mr. Gorman. I love his class. He makes things understandable and fun. Today we were learning about sequencing and categorizing. To teach us this Mr. Gorman had us write out, in extreme detail, how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. We had no idea that he was actually going to make us a sandwich by pretending to be a robot (Gorman-sandwich-making-bot-3000). After we finished writing out the steps, Mr. Gorman told us that we would have to read out the steps to him and if they weren't detailed enough he would say, "Does not compute" and we would have to sit down. Then asked who wanted to go first. Ellington was first to try. He told Mr. Gorman to go wash his hands so Mr. Gorman went out into the hall and then he came back and said, "There is no soap at the water fountain." Ellington had to sit down so Aubrey tried. She got him to go to the sink in the back of the classroom, but somewhere she screwed up and she had to sit down. Tony tried next and he also got Mr. Gorman to the sink in the back of the classroom. He got him to turn on the water but he couldn't get him to get any soap (he told him to get soap so Mr. Gorman started to bang against the soap dispenser) so he had to sit down. Destiny was up next and she got him to the sink in the back of the room, she got him to turn the water on. She also got him to get soap and then he got a paper towel (with a little trouble). She was the only one who got him threw the first step. Once she got him to get the bread out of the bag and onto a plate (he threw it on the plate), she told him to put his hand on the top of the peanut butter jar, so he did, and then she told him to put his hand on the bottom so he put his hand on his butt (he asked for a harassment form). Then she told him to put his hand on the bottom of the jar and to twist the top off. Mr. Gorman started to do the twist (the dance) which wasn't helping the laughter problem throughout the classroom. Destiny told him to twist the lid on the jar so he started to do the twist (the dance) again but this time he was twisting the lid back and forth. Finally she got him to twist off the lid but not the way you would think. He was twisting it and twisting it and twisting it and with one last twist the lid flew off and landed in the recycle bin. All throughout the classroom people were saying "GOAL!" Destiny then told Mr. Gorman to stick the knife into the jar, he did (he just stuck it straight down). With Destiny's amazing (not) instructions he scooped out the peanut butter and put it on a slice of bread. She told him to put one hand on top of the jar (of jelly) and the other hand on the bottom. He followed the first instruction but he put his other hand on his butt again (he asked for another harassment form). After Destiny got that problem fixed she got him to take off the lid, he did, but this time she told him to put it on the table... so he slammed it down on the table. She got him to put the knife into the jar and then told him to put it on her sandwich... so he threw the knife at the slice of bread. She got it fixed and had Mr. Gorman put some jelly on her sandwich multiple times and finally she told him to just put a lot on it. So he tipped the jar of jelly and started to "pour" the jelly out onto the sandwich. Destiny started to yell, "That's enough! That's enough!" and finally Mr. Gorman stopped. She then told him to put that slice of bread onto the other one. As he picked up the slice of bread he said, "You like a lot of jelly lady." and then he put the slice of bread on top of the other one but he slammed it down. Destiny told him to serve the plate so Mr. Gorman leaned down and with his nose he pushed the plate towards her. She picked up the sandwich, took a bite and walked away but she came back to get her plate. All throughout that time laughter was loud in the classroom and Mr. Gorman kept saying to Destiny, "Haha, you get butt bread" because she got the end of the loaf. That was the highlight of my day. I can't wait until next class with Mr. Gorman because we get to watch him make sandwiches again.