Chapter 2 - Flora's POV

Petal wakes me up early in the morning after she returned from school. I have no idea why. It's too early for any human to be up. I get out of bed and go take a shower to help wake me up. I decide to just put on a different pair of pajamas. I sit down on my bed again and work on my drawings on my Ipad.

"Bex just texted me and said she'll be here in an hour!" I hear Petal call up to me from the bottom of the stairs. "She already has Lucca and Bea!" I practically fall out of bed before responding.

"I'll be down in a minute!" I shout back, turning off my tablet after saving the drawing. Scavenging through my clothes, I try and find a cute outfit. I decide on an off-the-shoulder daisy white blouse with little blue flowers decorating the bottom and around the sleeves. I pull on a pair of silver-blue denim shorts that reach my mid-thighs and slip on a pair of brown sandals with silver-blue straps.

I hurry across the hall to the bathroom and brush out my hair before braiding it into a pair of twin braids. I go back into my room, grab my purse, and stick my tablet into the purse. You see, my mom gave me this purse for my tenth birthday last year. The purse can hold anything and everything and always holds whatever I need in it. It comes in handy.

Hurrying downstairs, I notice that Father isn't home, which is great. He's always hanging out with that Alexis lady. She's poisoned his mind to be against Petal and me! Ugh! Thanks to her I have to wear concealer whenever I wear short sleeves, shorts, dresses, or skirts!

Petal, of course, doesn't know that. I'm thankful for that. I'm just glad I can finally see Bea again! We text all the time when she's in school. I just enjoy hanging out with her all the time! I do tend to get a weird feeling around her, but it might just be because we're great friends! Yeah, that's it! I've never had a friend as close as Bea before, so that's why I must feel this way.

I rush around the kitchen, making myself some breakfast. While doing so, I wonder what we'll be doing for the summer. When I was seven, Bex, Lucca, Petal, and I had to go rescue Bea from a pizza place Petal and I used to love. Kitty's Pizza Palace. The animatronics took Bea and were torturing her until Petal, Lucca, Bex, and I went to save her. Bex and Lucca ended up being captured while it was up to Petal and I to save them. I hid outside behind Bex's car after Petal had been taken and called the police. Thankfully Bex, Lucca, Petal, and Bea were all alright. Though, Bea had to get surgery for a wound the animatronics gave her. The other thing we did that summer was we solved a mystery at a water park.

"They're here!" Petal calls from the front room, breaking my train of thought. I smile brightly and rush to the front room. Petal stands in the doorway talking with our three friends and I skip over, excited for the summer. I can't wait to see what all will happen! Especially since this is going to be my last summer before I begin school! I'm just so excited!