After tasting, the inside is unknown Duke with his face and opened his mouth.

"There must be a reason for you to come here in the middle of the night. Do you want to receive a return for the letter you found at the flower garden?

He has a hard bite I picked it up. It was an expression with a bad personality.

"Of course, the letters you found are worth It's an indefinite thing

But if you are here because of the pink diamond, you'd better go back. I will not change my words. If I said  no, then no"

I didn't come to ask for something in return."

The Duke eyebrows were slightly cracked.

"then?"

I came because I have something to give."
"Give it?"
Meanwhile, Deborah only asked for it.
Maybe it's because I never said to give The Duke looks suspicious.
I carefully put down the cup and pulled the letter out of my pocket.
As soon as I saw the light purple letterhead, the eyes of the Duke, who was full of fatigue, turned to look.
This is, no way, a letter?
"That's right."

"Why is this to you... "
The Duke asks while thinking about something.Is the letter you found, not one, but several?"
He shook coloured eyes with a lively face
"That's right."
The number of letters in the box is quite there were many.
The Duchess, who was poor in expressing affection and few words, expressed her feelings that she couldn't express with words.
She said he was not courageous and the duke was so busy that she kept accumulating letters like complaining.

The contents were written in her diary.

But one day, the faded memories there was also a phrase saying that I want to take it out with the duke and colour it again.

Perhaps the Duchess bury the letter like a time cam, and get older It seems like I was thinking of taking it out from the place of memories when I got mature.

"....Letters. How many do you have?"

The duke is shudder

"..... You will find out by yourself over time.

At my cautious answer, he lifted his brow.

"What do you mean?
"You mean not to give me a letter? Until I hold that diamond?"
At a time difference A thousand letters one by one difference I meant to slowly hand it over,
It sounds like a threat to the Duke ear

"It's not that stupid meaning."
He made my eye contact
"...That's not what I said."
Not like me.
The words that smack in the middle I changed the topic by pouring several cubes of sugar into the tea.

This tea is bitter and has a strong scent, so I think that some kind of madeleine would suit it better than a lemon tart."

"I'll open it next time. i tell you to prepare tea or cocoa. This is a deeply brewed tea, so if you drink a lot, you won't sleep well."

Surely. Are you worried about me?'

Moment, ... No, with Duke I felt a little hope that my relationship with the Duke might improve a little.
"I'll drink only half. Thank you for your concern.
The Duke laughs at me and bar
Blocked the room with.

"You worry? because I can't sleep properly I'm afraid you'll talk about it later because my health is bad.

the Duke of Seymour in the novel steadfastly turned away even though his daughter was brought to trial for blasphemy.

It means that the emotional goal was so deep.

It wasn't a good woman to be restored with a single letter.