RIDDLE ME THIS

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

WITH EACH DAY CAME A NEW LETTER AND RIDDLE, HINTS SCATTERED WITHIN THE WORDS. When he said he had never worked so hard on something considered trivial to him before, he really meant it. Eventually, he made a list of all he could make out, the first riddle she had ever given to him still sitting unanswered at the top. The other riddles he had made out were practically useless; the answers made no sense. Some remained unanswered and some weren't but he could never make out the big picture. But along with the riddles came their undying support.

i heard you did great on that last joint test!

keep pushing forward, you got this!

your quirk is super cool,, i hope you can show me one day!

Each small compliment and motivating sentence made his heart swell. Even the small things like the way they finished their letter off with xoxo and the small smiley face they placed after they signed off made him swoon. With each letter, he found himself pushing himself to the limit during training or in studying. He wasn't the best grade-wise but those notes helped him more than ever imaginable.

Regardless of the notes, the hatred for Class 1-A remained and the belittlement of the students never stopped. Sure, maybe he wasn't as relentless as usual but he did it nonetheless. Even with the occasional moments where he's breath stopped at the sight of their resident class mascot. He had to admit, she was quite charming. He'd find himself watching as her smiles lit up the people around her or how she'd place a fist against the side of her face, tilt it and wink.

She was like a cute little princess of sorts— in a good way. She'd wear a cute little flower ribbon in her hair every now and then and when she wanted something, she'd flutter her eyelashes and pout. Her quirk fit her as well; the ability to control anything with one touch. All she had to do was touch something and they'd do whatever she wanted. He didn't know the specifics but gossip usually did the trick.

Occasionally, he'd wonder if maybe it was her that sent the notes. Immediately after, he'd shut himself down. After all, wherever she went, Bakugo followed. One second, she would be walking by herself and the next she'd be chatting with him. Rumors spread and soon enough, people began to speculate if they were together. Most knew that Bakugo couldn't stand people in the first place but to see the girl flawlessly talk to him was a rare sight to see. Then again, there were his other friends but there was always yelling accompanied by it. He had never really yelled at her.

In the end, Monoma was swamped.

With the thoughts of the letters and the girl he sometimes crushed on, he was stuck in an endless loop of stress. The riddles soon began to stop and he was then left with nothing but hints and encouragement. He loved the encouragement but he desperately wanted to know who had sent the letters. He wanted to meet them, thank them, maybe even date them. This person had suddenly barged in and thrown more support than he had ever imagined and whoever it was who had done it was someone he wanted at his side.

"Bro, Monoma, you good?" The blond looked up with a sigh, Tetsutetsu staring down in worry. Kendo had eventually noticed as well, joining the silver-haired boy with a raised brow. "Is this about those letters?" she asked, placing a finger to her chin, "did they stop or something?" Monoma sighed once more now joined with a groan. Tetsutetsu and Kendo had been the only ones aware of the letters but only knew about some of what was written. To see Monoma so dejected after all the bragging and overall happiness he had been radiating, they had never expected him to crash.

"Maybe it's because the Class 1-A kids are getting trained before us?" suggested the silver-haired boy as he turned to Kendo. Monoma sat up rigidly, "they are?" Kendo groaned before slapping the taller boy upside the head. He apparently wasn't supposed to know. "Well, if it isn't that, then what is it?" The blond slumped in his seat and grabbed his list from his bag as Kendo and Tetsutetsu brought up chairs to sit next to him. "I can't figure out these riddles."

The ringing of a telephone from the class phone brought away their attention, Kendo standing back up. "Keep talking without me," she stated, walking over to the phone to relieve her duty as class president. "Ooh! I'm really good at these!" Tetsutetsu practically ripped the list from the blond's hand, pulling out a mechanical pencil to jot the answers down. In awe, Monoma watched as he answered each riddle quickly. Within seconds, each riddle was answered, leaving Monoma to gaze at the answers.

"It still doesn't make any sense," huffed the blond, watching from his peripherals as Kendo dropped the phone and ran to Mad Dog. He raised a brow at her frantic state, the sound of his classmates blocking out what she had said. He attempted to hone in, ignoring the tall boy in front of him write something on the paper. Suddenly, the older man had left the classroom, gaining stares from everyone now. Tetsutetsu remained focused as Kendo attempted to gain everyone's attention.

"C-Class 1-A is under attack at the USJ." "I got it!" Monoma whipped his head over to see the sentence formed from the riddles, face going pale at what it had read. Kendo watched with narrowed eyes, "Tetsutetsu, this is important!" Salty tears fell from his face as he clutched the paper in his hands. 'A MAY-FLOWER; MASCOT; CONTROLLER; ONE, A.'

It was her all along.

The tears failed to stop as he clenched the paper tighter in his hands. The flower ribbon she always wore in her hair wasn't a Mayflower. But the first four letters that were in the riddles were AMAY. Her last name was Amai. They always called her the mascot with her charming looks and her wide smiles. He grit his teeth as Tetsutetsu reached to touch his shoulder. Her quirk had been said to be able to control things.

CLASS 1-A WAS UNDER ATTACK AND SHE WAS IN IT.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂