The zombie shrieked and turned towards us immediately. I froze and clamped my hands over my mouth immediately, holding my breath.

"Dang it!" I thought, "Why did I have to cough now!?"

  Slowly I began to scoot towards the other door, but Emily swiftly and noiselessly grabbed my arm, sending the message that it would be a bad idea to try and escape. I gulped and nodded, even though Emily was now facing away from me.

  My attention went back to the creature lurking outside the car window. It hadn't moved...perhaps it really didn't know we were in the vehicle?

But suddenly...it's weird misshapen mouth began to bend and contort in to..a grin?

Oh no!

  It swiped at the window with it's appendage and smashed it in one blow, screaming like a banshee. It then proceeded to slip it's hand through the empty window frame, clawing at the air in an attempt to find it's prey.

  Emily had remained completely silent throughout the whole ordeal, and showed no signs of changing that demeanor, instead slowly inching away from the grasp of the undead creature. Suddenly I realized what she wanted to do and I made sure to keep silent too. I began to quietly scoot backwards too until I felt the door of the car gently make contact with my back.

  All of a sudden, the zombie, seemingly frustrated, took a swipe at the air aggressively, narrowly missing Emily's leg. She almost jumped as the seat in front of her got cut but somehow, she managed to keep quiet. And it seemed like Emily was now out of reach of the lifeless thing.

  But the clicker wasn't done searching yet. It squeezed it's head through the broken window and snarled threateningly, putting both it's disgusting hands on the seat and slowly crawling in our direction. It growled, feeling around for us, while we scooted as far back as we could until we couldn't go any further back, with me being sandwiched between the door and Emily.

  Unfortunately the clicker kept advancing, crawling more and more forward, and then it stopped...

  It started to make those clicking sound again, jerking it's head backwards and forwards, trying it's hardest to locate it's prey.

  And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse it squealed and slammed it's hand down on the seat, right next to Emily's right leg. This startled us both, and almost caused me to blow our cover, but through some sheer miracle I managed to stay quiet.

  At this point, we had gone as far back in the car as we could, and I knew if the monster came closer, we were done for. Once again I looked back at the car door and thought about opening it, but it was too dangerous now. The second it would open, the clicker would pounce on Emily and then attack me right after.

  The monster was closing in now, and in a rather menacing manner brought it's face closer to Emily, until their faces were almost touching. Time seemed to stop, and I felt Emily tense up, stopping her breathing.

"Zack, please come save us!" I began to plead, "If you don't come now w..we-"

  Suddenly a flurry of gunshots went off from the store, and the clicker squealed, turning back and pulling itself out from the car. It ran off with lightning speed towards the sounds, and I shakily moved to the window to see if it was well and truly gone.

  Once I was certain it was gone I sighed, my heart still throbbing. I was certain I had gone pale too.

"Heh that was close wasn't it?" Emily panted, patting my head.

"Yeah. Let's..let's try not to make ourselves so accentuated heh" I replied, also just as exhausted.

"Noted"