First Date

I arrived at Mello's apartment full of excitement. He rushed out and paid the taxi driver.

"Thanks, Mello."

"Thank you for coming," He replied, as a huge smile formed around the chocolate hanging from his mouth.

He'd invited me over for our first date, he was going to cook for me then we'd watch a movie together.

"You look great," He complimented me.

"Thanks, you look fabulous," I told him.

"I mean I'm just wearing my usual leather..."

"And its very hot on you," I grinned as he took my hand and brought me inside.

He led me straight to the kitchen as dinner was just ready. He pulled out the chair for me, a perfect gentleman.

He brought me [your favourite] drink and [your favourite] meal. It looked so good but I waited so we could eat together.

As he plated another meal, he yelled, "Matt, dinner is ready!"

What the fuck? I thought.

A redhead came in, eyes glued to a game device.

Maybe Mello was just being kind to his friend. Maybe he'd go out after being fed. He'll at least stay in a different room...

These were my thoughts as Matt thanked Mello and took his plate.

Then he just casually sat down at the table! I looked at Mello, waiting for him to say something but he just took his own plate and joined us at the table.

I didn't know what the fuck to do so I just ate my meal. This was weird as fuck but Mello had a temper and I didn't want to set him off during our date.

Wait, am I sure this is even a date?

I thought back to our conversation and yes, he'd definitely agreed this was an official date.

The food was lovely at least and I started to relax and just go with it.

"You like it?" He asked me.

"It's great, thanks."

Matt nodded in agreement, which made me feel annoyed again. So I lined up some food on my fork and flicked it at Mello.

"Ahh, what the fuck?" He yelled.

It had landed right in his hair! He got up and ran off to clean it up. Matt high fived me as we both cracked up.

Grumpy hole stomped back and grunted as he picked his knife and fork back up.

"Sorry for flicking food in your hair, Mello."

"It's fine, I guess," He muttered.

Wow, the character development. He must really like me.

"Shut up, Matt!" He snapped.

And there was my normal Mello back. Matt literally couldn't stop laughing though.

"Oh fuck this," Mello slammed his knife and fork down. "I'm having chocolate for dinner."

"Ooh, can I have some?" I asked sweetly as he pulled a bar from his pocket and opened it.

"You can have anything you want," He replied as he took a bite and then leaned in to offer me some.

"Matt, you can do the dishes," He ordered.

"OK but later."

"Whatever, you ready to go watch a movie, Y/N?"

I nodded and followed him to the living room. He switched on Netflix and let me choose. He dimmed the lights as [your favourite] movie started and we sat together on the couch.

[A/N - Unless your favourite movie is the Netflix Death Note movie, in which case I'm gonna need your name]

He put his arm around me and I leaned into him.

At least Matt had finally left us alone...

The kitchen door opened just as I thought this, and Matt walked in with popcorn and drinks.

"Thanks, Matt," I said to be polite.

I realised that Mello hadn't even bothered introducing us. Matt put the drinks on the table and sat down beside us.

OH MY GOD!

What was happening?! I guess at least I was sitting in between them.

Matt handed me the popcorn and the tub was nearly bigger than me.

"Wow, it's huge!"

"Thanks," They both said, smirking.

Oh God...

Matt fell asleep before the movie ended and Mello pushed him off the couch, onto the floor. He moved on top of me and started kissing me. We sucked face until we needed to come up for air.

"Are you having a nice time?" He asked.

"Oh yeeah," I practically panted.

"I'm sorry about Matt, by the way. We kind of come as a package though. You can't really date one of us without basically dating the other. I would have warned you but I was afraid you wouldn't come over if I did."

"Well, I guess I can live with dating you both. I mean he's a hot guy too."

"But I'm your number one, right?"

"Always. I really like you, Mello," I pushed his hair back off his face. He was looking at me intensely. "And I love your Barbie hair."

"Ugh, shut up and make out with me again. Actually, let's go to my room for dessert."

[I maybe went too far with this edit but it's the truth!] 😂

Also, welcome to book 4!