Chapter 2: Dark Glimpse

Blade was deep within the forest when nighttime fell. He decided to rest in the forest and wait until tomorrow. He built a nice warm bonfire for himself and gathered fallen leaves as his bed. He settled his sword underneath and before he knew it, he was off to Slumberland.

Blaster Blade was dreaming. In the dream, he was back in his father's castle, and he was a little child. There was quite a commotion, and his father was talking to one of the other high ranking knights. He couldn't remember the name, but he definitely remembered him by his face. He looked worried, telling the King about something missing. The King looked at Blaster Blade, and he pretended to look away.

"We must find him fast," the King said to the knight. "I don't want Blade to lose his only brother. He's very young, and he needs his older brother for protection and support, when I'm-"the King cleared his throat and continued, "When I'm gone."

"We swear we will find him, o King. We will not return to this castle until we have found the young knight. Please do not despair anymore. Blade will be over his depression soon." The knight assured King Alfred. He began giving out orders to the other knights waiting patiently by the king's side. He took out a map and hypothesized the areas where his brother could be hiding or kept by whoever kidnapped him.

The king left his throne and went over to Blade. He put down his magical Broadsword and put his hand on Blade's shoulder. "Don't be sad now, Blade," King Alfred said. "You heard what Sir Hector said. He and his team will not return here until they have found your brother."

Blade woke up disoriented. Slowly he scanned his surroundings, and quickly remembered where he was. He stood up, polished his armor and sword, and started traveling again. He had no idea how to find his lost brother, which, according to Tristan, was a black knight.

A sudden crash behind him made Blade whirl around. A tree branch had fallen no more than three feet from him. He looked up through the trees, and he saw a dark figure hulking about. Blade hid behind a tree trunk, unsure if the figure had seen him, unsure if the figure was his brother. He still wasn't prepared to battle his brother. Maybe he can talk him into coming with him? What a silly idea, Blade thought.

Slowly, he crept to the edge of the tree, and as he did, another figure also crept to the edge of the same tree. When they both had rounded the tree's circumference, they were face to face. Blade's eyes locked with the stranger's, until his battle instincts told him to push the stranger off his face. But as he did, his adversary also did the same thing. As a result, both of them skidded backwards and Blade crashed into the fallen tree branch.

"Who are you? Why are you infiltrating the Royal Paladin's country?" Blade demanded as he stood up and quickly retrieved his sword.

"This is our country! How dare you call this forest yours?" the person retorted.

"Who are you I ask?! Answer, in the name of our King!" Blade yelled, losing his patience.

He left the shadow of the tree above him, exposing his face to Blade, and said, "My name... nobody ever knew my real name. Not even me. That's why I was named after this weapon I am wielding. My name is... Blaster Dark!"

Blaster Blade was immobilized. A lot of things were running through his confused mind. He was intently staring at the earnest, young face in front of him. The posture, the armor, the sword... he was... unmistakably... his...

"Brother?" Blaster Blade was shaking.

"What? Who you calling your brother?" Blaster Dark asked. He was confused and angry at the same time. His opponent, who hadn't even bothered to say his name, is calling him his brother? Blaster Dark had too much things running through his mind to let this situation worry him.

"It really is you..." Blade continued, letting his sword fall beside him. He slowly trudged towards his so-called lost brother. Blaster Dark was annoyed by this ignorance, and when Blade was within range, he took the opportunity and slashed him full force. Blaster Blade was sent flying backwards, crashing into a large tree before rolling on the ground. He lifted his head off the dirt and looked at his brother with sad, pleading eyes.

"Please, brother. It was an agony not to be beside you every night, when you were gone. I had nobody to play with. I had to train all by myself. I missed you a lot..."

"Shut up! I have no brother! Stop that nonsense!" Dark yelled, but in his heart, he could feel the same, sad feeling of emptiness, as if something... someone was missing from him this whole time. He couldn't understand it, couldn't take it any longer. he can't believe that this stranger... this enemy... had made him feel that way.

"I can't be mistaken. I felt it when I saw you. The blood of the Blasters are flowing through you..." Blaster Blade was desperate. The longing feeling he had ignored all these years had surfaced, making him weak... vulnerable.

Blaster Dark just stood there, his past emotions bombarding him. Then, as fast as he could, he turned and fled.

"No! Don't leave me here, brother... please... brother..." Tears welled in his eyes as he watched Dark melt with the shadows of the forest.

Tales of Cray: Blaster BladeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara