Chance 1

A few days earlier

"SHOTO" Endeavor roared, stomping around the house

This "Shoto" was looking at his siblings' rooms, a single tear spilled out of his unemotional eyes, they had left, all of them, Touya ran away form this hell when he was just a child, Fuyumi and Natsuo grew up and eventually left, and his mother, his dear mother was still in that horrid place, that mental hospital that his so called "father" sent her to. They had left, they had left him, they had left him with this monster that still called himself a hero, a human. Ever since Natsuo and Fuyumi left, the laughter and the joy in the house left, the only sounds that were heard was pain. 

Shoto turned around and slowly walked to the training room where his father impatiently waited

"Your late" Endeavor spat

He was only answered with silence, which angered him.

"ANSWER ME SHOTO" he roared 

And again he was faced with only silence.

Gritting his teeth he fired a huge wave of flames at his son, to him this wasn't his son, this was his masterpiece, the perfect child, and right now he was acting like a failure, a mistake.

Shoto quickly dodged, hoping that his father would just let him go, but Endeavor had other plans.

"FIGHT ME SHOTO, STOP BEING A COWARD" 

Todoroki just kept on dodging his father's attempts to hit him, but soon his father landed a blow, then another, then another, blow after blow after blow, until Shoto couldn't even move.

"Pathetic" Endeavor muttered, leaving the room with his son still on the floor.

Shoto was on the floor, unmoving, if someone walked in they would've assumed he was dead, but the light falling and rising of his chest proved otherwise. Back then either Fuyumi or Natsuo would come in, running through the door with burn cream and bandages, Fuyumi would normally be crying, telling Shoto that it was her fault, constantly saying sorry. Natsuo would tell some jokes while bandaging up him, trying to make him laugh. But now there was no one, no one that came running through the door, no one that helped him, he was all alone. 

Slowly getting up, Shoto winced in pain with every move he made, he groaned as he picked himself up and walked himself up to his bathroom. Each day that Todoroki had to bandage himself the less he remembered the way his sister and brother helped him when he was hurt, when he was in pain, physically and mentally.  

That was one chance, he thought to himself.

Because it was Saturday, he walked slowly to Natsuo's apartment......