Chapter 8 | Tucked Away

En başından başla

But no, the intercom just had to cut the sexual tension.

"Hehe, too bad you didn't get anything~" You stuck out your tongue, and before he could say anything, the limousine door was opened by the chauffeur, making him groan internally.

You got down first, prepare the wheelchair and put the pillow on the backrest, knowing exactly how he liked it. The chauffeur wanted to help you, but you rejected them politely with a little smile on your face.

"I can handle it, please just help us with our belongings." They nodded at your order before leaving you with him all alone, "Come on, Rin. Let's get you here, baby."

It amazed him every time. How you wanted to be the only one who took care of him. He was not light like a feather, everyone could see that. But every time people wanted to help you to either get him seated in the car or back to the wheelchair, you always turned their offer down, saying things that you were enough.

With both arms secured around your neck and torso, you managed to sit him down on the wheelchair with ease. Once you knew that he would need someone to help him throughout his day, you immediately browsed the internet to get as much information; searching for the right and easiest way for you to take care of him.

But more importantly, so he didn't feel like he was such a burden to you.

The two of you strolled down the path to the lobby, feeling at ease with how the leaves rustled on their branches. Your eyes glanced towards him every few seconds, noting his pleasant reaction as he gazed on the scenery.

It was quiet here right now, maybe due to the fact that it was weekdays. A privilege for sure if you didn't have a work that forced you to be behind the screen every nine to five.

Suna felt like he was in some other world right now with the serene atmosphere that danced in the air. He would remember this place, that was what he was sure of. Too engrossed with the scenery around him he didn't even realise as you left to talk to the receptionist, too focused on every melody that his eardrums could catch.

Maybe he did really need this. A little getaway from everything, everything but you.

A little smile tugged on his lips as his mind wandered, thinking about what possible activities that this place could provide. When you were busy exchanging the plane ticket before, he surfed the internet to know more about the resort that the two of you would stay at for the next three days.

This place had some unique entertainment that he knew you would love so much. There was a local cooking class (that made him snort because he could imagine how jealous his friend would be), peaceful yoga that mayhaps could make you feel at ease, some outdoor activities like rafting and biathlon—things that he was sure you wouldn't do because he couldn't take part on it.

He gulped down, eyes fixated on rice paddy fields on the resort area where a little family currently occupied one of the corners. They joked around, the son splashing his father with some mud and laughed out loud at the mess. Suna expected the father to maybe scold the little kid or get back to their room to clean up.

But no, instead of hearing some familiar tone filled with anger, a boisterous laugh could be heard through the air. They looked so—happy, with his mother keeping some distance to record the playful quarrel between the little kid and her husband.

All of them looked so familiar; the man had dark brown hair that swept to each side perfectly, with his wife which had a laugh that he was so familiar with—and the kid, the kid awfully had the same hair as his father while keeping his mother's angelic laugh.

The man turned his back to face him, making his breath hitch as he was met with the same green orbs that he always found in the mirror. The happy stranger smiled at him, eyes locked for a few seconds.