"This was probably a bad idea" I told Beth. "My mom would've literally drowned me in questions and remarks if you didn't come. I owe you one" Beth told me as she grabbed a coat. "I'll hold onto that" I told her as we left.

The whole drive was pretty awkward. I was squeezed between the Mead siblings while June asked me a million questions. Turned out Beth wasn't lying. "How much do you make a year?" She asked me. "Mum" Beth growled. "Sorry" she raised her hand in the air and she kept her eyes on the road. "What's your sexuality?" She then asked me. "Mum!" Beth hid her face in her hands. "What?" June shrugged. "You're totally not invading her privacy" Ben commented. "You guys are so sensitive" June replied as she rolled in the parking lot. "To answer your questions, I'm bisexual and I make a lot" I told her. "See? It wasn't too hard" She said as she parked perfectly.

"I'm so sorry" Beth whispered to me as we got out. "Don't worry I'm used to invasive mums" I assured her. "Where do you guys want to go first?" June asked. "Dad and I are going to go buy some golf clubs" Ben said. "Oh yeah we should split" She answered. "We could all just go" Beth tried. "Nonsense. Let the boys be boys and let's go do some girl shopping" her mother replied. "Fun" Beth mumbled. "Don't worry. We'll survive" I said as we walked in. Well that's what I thought.

"How can shopping be so exhausting?" I whined as we got in the car after hours, long hours. "You only say that because you've never shopped with my mother before" Beth chuckled. "I just want to eat and go to sleep" I said as I put my seatbelt on. "Can we go get chinese?" Ben asked. "That's a good idea sweetie" June replied.

We drove to a little restaurant and bought some take out. We arrived just in time to catch the beginning of a movie. I think it was called Divergent or something. Luckily enough, the movie was good so now one talked during it. Don't get me wrong, I like the Meads, but it can get so awkward sometimes. Between Richard totally ignoring me existence to June totally invading my privacy in the least discreet ways, it can get exhausting. I was sitting in the 'L' portion of the couch while the others were on the other side. Ben was sitting beside his father at the other side of the couch, obviously the farther away from me as possible and June was beside me. Beth was sitting in the armchair before she went to get changed. When she came back, she came towards us instead. Richard instantly scouted closer to Ben to make a space for her, but she didn't even seem to notice. She came and sat right beside me.

It's not unusual. We often had to sit very close when our teammates came over and invaded our couch. But even then, when it's just us two, we never sit apart. We don't think much of it it's just a normal behaviour now just like every night, we go straight to my room without even thinking about it. There's not much to say about it, it's just how we work.

However by the look on Richard's face, it's not how it works for him. He looked like he was about to explode. Though, the look on June's face seemed to have silenced him, thankfully. The two siblings didn't seem to notice anything at all. Even we Beth layed down with her head on my shoulder, none of them felt the murderous glare being sent my way. But I did. I could feel all the anger and disgust coming my way. "Are you using my daughter?"

The whole world seemed to stop turning. "Richard!" June gasped. "I have the right to know" he said as he stood up. There we go. "I don't know what you think you're doing, but I know your intentions. I won't let you hurt my child!" He screamed at me. "Dad!" Beth intervened. "What in the world makes you think I'm going to hurt her?" I frowned. "I know you guys. You're all so nice and charming until you can't wait anymore to get what you want and then you use force" he said with the most accusing tone. "What exactly are you implying?" I asked him as I looked at him right in the eyes. "I'm saying that you'll force your will onto her" he replied through his gritted teeth. "You think I want to abuse Beth?" I chuckled. "Why in the world would I invite her to come live with me if these were my intentions?" I questioned him. "So when you pull the rug from under her feet, the fall will be bigger" he said. I was baffled.